1976 La Scala Speakers (Birch)

Terri

I PM'd Terri and received word back that she has to talk with her mother and find out what fair value is for these, then they will decide what to do with them. From what I read originally it sounded like an estate type sale to get these monsters out of the house. I inquired on what they want for them as I am literally five miles from tham. After hearing back from Terri I am not so sure they are selling them at all.

And, you would know this how?

just a guess - the fact that they would go to a good home  is what seemed to be more important to the family  , money was not the main issue -

Edited by Randyh

Guest Steven1963

Personally, I hope they choose to keep them. At this point they do not seem interested in them for their ability to reproduce music so I would recommend moving them CAREFULLY and storing them away for another 30 years.  Then pull them out and see how crazy the market would be for them.

• Like 1

Estate sale?  Never read anything that remotely mentioned that....

Now she is going to ask her mother what their value is?

Sounds to me like the sharks have already taken the bait....

Wonder who will be posting the first photos of these in their living room.....

Estate sale?  Never read anything that remotely mentioned that....

Now she is going to ask her mother what their value is?

Sounds to me like the sharks have already taken the bait....

Wonder who will be posting the first photos of these in their living room.....

I can imagine the lucky dude - it is like a time capsule to the late seventies -

Sory if I jumped to the conclusion of estate sale jimjimbo. I put two and two together that it was her father's equipment and he has passed. The family has no room or need for the speakers and want to find out a fair value for them so they can sell them to a fan of said equipment. Sounded like an estate sale inquiry to me.

My FIL just moved from Michigan to Florida and he had a house clearing sale. They had an estate sale company involved to find a fair market value for all of his goods that he was not willing to take with him and would no be sold with the house. This company advertised for him and got him excellent value for his goods. They sold everything from toasters to utensils to his Mitsubishi TV. He had a ten yr old Denon receiver with a 5.1 Paradigm surround set up and they got him nearly what he paid for it ten years ago. Some of the buyers are only interested because they think they are getting deals. They never really educate themselves of the value of the goods for themselves and pay what the asking prices are in many cases.

I have interest here if you have figured out what you want for them... please let me know... better pictures would also be nice. Are the grills removable?

i don't think you can call them grills, just full grill cloth. i think they just have cloth stretched across the front of the cab with screen moulding nailed on and not removable unless you pry off the moulding

My thoughts exactly.  Even worse they would be painted black under the cloth and there are so many staple holes that it would be impossible to ever refinish these if you wanted to see the horns as I would.

For anyone interested, these would fit in the back of a Subaru Forester. I know, because I have done it. Mine have been in a 12x20 room, and after a while don't seem so large at all.

Full grill models  are genuinely more rare than what most folks see.

Bruce

• Like 1

I've been in contact with Terri.   She appears to be legitimately seeking information to help her to help her mother send the La Scalas to a good home at a fair price.  She's being patient.  Others should be patient also.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Ditto Neil, I feel Terri has been up front from the get go and I've had no correspondence with her! The one face shot shows a nice birch Las, the pictures of the X-Overs and tags should indicate to anyone with 30 year old Heritage speakers that these are truly pristine in condition. The x-overs appear to be dust free as well as screwdriver scratch free, my guess is they went into their music room position and have worked flawlessly 100% original. With that said these truly are a rare find and are worth top dollar. I know if they were mne they would not go for less than $1600.00 and if I knew it was one of the nay-sayers on here wanting them it would be $2K ;)

I have to ask, have patience waiting for what?  Numerous requests have been made for additional photos in order to more accurately provide assistance, and those have not been forthcoming.  Also it seems that "help" is being provided privately and behind the scenes.

Oh yes, those nay-sayers should always pay more.

Edited by jimjimbo