Afroman concert

Paducah Home Theater

Despite being drunk and doing a "hey look at me on stage," the poor girl didn't deserve to be throat punched. He's lucky he didn't kill her from the punch or her hitting the stage with her head that was behind them. The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

Why was the racial implication added here? What value does that add to the story? What if the guitarist had been white? That would be possible, right? What sort of racial implication would you have added then?

Sheesh.

Oh goodness. I just new someone wouldn't be happy with my comment.  OK, what if it was a "white" guitarist among a black crowd, that slugged a young lady that happened to be black that was cooing up on the stage? Yeah, we know that white guitarist would have beat bad and maybe rightfully so, and possibly three buildings burned, x amount of cars burned and so on. Its not my fault the thug ratio is so large among some social groups. I just call a goose a goose when I see it. You don't even have to profile people these days from fear, you just stick around for a few minutes and they will prove what kind of person they are.  This guy hit a woman, no wait he just threw a hay maker with all 200+ lbs of him at this poor girl and you want to protect this POS without me being able to link him with a Sharpton or Ferguson comment? He fits right in with this crowd of thugs......... this is the problem.  These are the "type" of folks that cause the problems and then are heralded for their legal right to do this to someone because another facet is to blame or some other crap. He is already saying he didn't take his meds...pff. This guy needed to be beat within a inch of his life and much less, surely needs to be seeing a dentist today about getting new upper and lowers.

Come on now. The non "thug" black community agrees on where Ferguson is AND where Sharpton is.  Surely you do too Mdeneen.

• Like 1

....and you close "political" threads? Please.

In general, threads aren't closed solely based on subject matter.  Threads are closed when they descend in one personal attack after another and there's no productive reason to let the thread continue.  I think most Moderators let threads go on as they have a way of coming back around given time and the personalities involved.  Once the train is off the tracks though there's no reason to keep pouring on the coals. 
Certain subjects are prone to go astray and politics is just about the worst one.  Seems like cats and dogs are right up there too ;)

....and you close "political" threads? Please.

In general, threads aren't closed solely based on subject matter.  Threads are closed when they descend in one personal attack after another and there's no productive reason to let the thread continue.  I think most Moderators let threads go on as they have a way of coming back around given time and the personalities involved.  Once the train is off the tracks though there's no reason to keep pouring on the coals. 

Certain subjects are prone to go astray and politics is just about the worst one.  Seems like cats and dogs are right up there too ;)

Y'all shut down the 'off the record' thread which I found most unfortunate.  Mark(mdeneen) was sharing some very needed perspectives there as were others.  Yes, we were discussing a very sensitive topic but one which really needs to be examined.  Sometimes it is easier and more expedient to shut down a thread than to actually moderate it.  Please try to be more circumspect.

• Like 1

Y'all shut down the 'off the record'

That thread was not shut down.  I enjoy Marks perspective as well.  When you clicked on it, it showed a "Data base error"  There was no "lock" next to the thread title.  Chad is trying to figure the problem out.  It has something to do with mis copied or changed URL links I believe.

• Like 2

Y'all shut down the 'off the record'

That thread was not shut down.  I enjoy Marks perspective as well.  When you clicked on it, it showed a "Data base error"  There was no "lock" next to the thread title.  Chad is trying to figure the problem out.  It has something to do with mis copied or changed URL links I believe.

Nice to know..............  thanx

Yea, well, maybe he'll be "protected" in jail....He's been arrested and charged with assault.....

Can't believe this thread has gone on so long, considering many statements made here....and you close "political" threads? Please.

On the other hand, it's always good to know where people stand on these crucial issues.

You consider this a crucial issue?  You mean like the ISIS threat, Ebola, global warming and colonization of Mars?

Despite being drunk and doing a "hey look at me on stage," the poor girl didn't deserve to be throat punched. He's lucky he didn't kill her from the punch or her hitting the stage with her head that was behind them. The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

Why was the racial implication added here? What value does that add to the story? What if the guitarist had been white? That would be possible, right? What sort of racial implication would you have added then?

Sheesh.

Oh goodness. I just new someone wouldn't be happy with my comment.  OK, what if it was a "white" guitarist among a black crowd, that slugged a young lady that happened to be black that was cooing up on the stage? Yeah, we know that white guitarist would have beat bad and maybe rightfully so, and possibly three buildings burned, x amount of cars burned and so on. Its not my fault the thug ratio is so large among some social groups. I just call a goose a goose when I see it. You don't even have to profile people these days from fear, you just stick around for a few minutes and they will prove what kind of person they are.  This guy hit a woman, no wait he just threw a hay maker with all 200+ lbs of him at this poor girl and you want to protect this POS without me being able to link him with a Sharpton or Ferguson comment? He fits right in with this crowd of thugs......... this is the problem.  These are the "type" of folks that cause the problems and then are heralded for their legal right to do this to someone because another facet is to blame or some other crap. He is already saying he didn't take his meds...pff. This guy needed to be beat within a inch of his life and much less, surely needs to be seeing a dentist today about getting new upper and lowers.

Come on now. The non "thug" black community agrees on where Ferguson is AND where Sharpton is.  Surely you do too Mdeneen.

I'm always delighted when people bare their soul and express their ethics and moral frameworks so forcefully and with such conviction in public. It's nice to know the kind of person you are talking with.

But, I do need to correct your claims here. I have never said I wanted to "protect" this fellow. Quite the opposite. 

Since you are both talkative and eager to share, are you religious in any way?

Im always shocked that some people continue to live in their little bubble, refusing to accept what is actually going on in the world abroad and the world just up the road. I will let you in on a little secret Mdeneen, what you see on TV is really happening and many, many things you read, beside the contrary, are actually true. People are measured by their actions and believe it or not sometimes you can judge a book solely from the shock and awe in Chapter 1.  I don't offer much remorse or second chances for Savages that like to hurt others, but I never view anyone this way until they become just that. What the guy did was one level below intent to kill and striking a woman is what I would consider one of the lowest things a man could do ever. When a person does acts such as this you get linked to the "bad" group or a lighter view that you might like better which would be a lifetime sitting on the "angry chair". 

I find this event below horrible as well and I certainly hope these deadbeat Soccer jacks get much more than they doled out to this man in Paris.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/racist-chelsea-fans-stop-black-man-boarding-pari-train-article-1.2119287

• Like 1

• Administrators

The line is here:

---------------------------

Do be careful not to cross it. (in other words, we try to stay away from racially sensitive and politically-charged topics on THESE forums, as they really don't benefit Klipsch in any way. Just so we're clear - speaking to all participants in this thread)

This thread is an embarassment to the Klipsch community.  Linking the action of one man to a whole race of people is not appropiate.   Not closing this thread support the bigotry and prejudice view of some forum members. Is this what the Klipshc community wishes to be associated with?

1.)  As a spill over for the other discussion had about blacks, how is anyone supposed to not look at them the way they do when they do sh&t like this?

2.)  The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

3.)  You can't honestly say you wouldn't have said string up the white guy for beating on poor blacky

One man did something and these statement apply to a whole groups of people.  I can't remember seeing another ethnic group attacked like this on the forum since I joined in 2011.  Not closing this thread shows the lack of sensitivity on Klipsch and defender of the thread.  This is a sad day for the forum.

Edited by derrickdj1

Personally I look anywhere and everywhere to learn more about racial topics.  They are very sensitive and frequently discussions enter personalities more than substance.   BUT these really are critical and current topics.  Where else can one access such a diverse group?  Klipsch should take some semblance of pride in its forums being a place for intellectual conversation on this and many issues.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Honestly, that's why I haven't locked this thread - yet. It's not out of hand - yet. I don't mind intellectual conversation about such topics, but the problem is, on the internet, it rarely stays that way. The internet can bring out the worst in people. Spend 3 seconds reading Youtube comments and Facebook comments and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, I agree that Afroman's race has NOTHING to do with what he did and how he should be punished. The mere fact that it was brought up is a step backward in our society (in which we continue to step backward).

• Like 2

• Administrators

Sheesh.

Serious question: when is the last time you've used the term "thug" to refer to a caucasian person?

• Like 1

In college I was the worst musician in a good band. When we played out, there was a certain amount of good natured stage invasion that was sometimes allowed. Having a drunken lady get up close and start dirty grinding was not on our list of approved activities, and would have resulted in some rather rude unplanned and spontaneous physical expulsion.

Kepp in mind that Afroman is at work here, making his living. I'm sure most of you would react rather vociferously if some stranger walked up to you and started a pelvic grind while you did some critical element at work, while others watched. Most of us would not be appropriate.

His was a very strong reaction, but most people know better than going up on a stage and trying to upstage the performer. It was a stupid thing to do. Afroman should have just booted her in the *** a couple times, so he didn't display the best of judgement. Peter Townsend chased a drug induced fool off the Woodstock stage by trying to spear him with his guitar.

At the same time, this action would be applauded if he had been flying a jet plane or driving a bus or a ship. We had a drunk sailor once who tried to grab the helms/planes on the sub once, and he got laid out just like this lady. The Captain had no problem after the fact, and the sailor was chagrinned and never had a drunk dumb moment again.

He was wrong with the strength of his reaction, but don't **** with an on-stage act. You won't like what you receive.

Edited by sheltie dave
  • Like 1

they really don't benefit Klipsch in any way

Huh?  If you were to take that narrow view, you could delete at least 50% of the junk on this forum.  How does discussion of Global Warming, or Mars Colonization benefit Klipsch?  Or the discussion of the deplorable actions of a musician against a person on stage, and the subsequent disintegration of that topic?  Or is it that simply allowing that discussion supposedly "benefits" Klipsch?  There are many, many, many other places for people to "discuss" and rant over non-audio topics....go there. 

• Administrators
There are many, many, many other places for people to "discuss" and rant over non-audio topics....go there. 

That's kinda my point, but if I were to delete the off-topic forum, I can't imagine the backlash that would cause. I'm far too busy to be able to handle that kind of thing. 

This thread is an embarassment to the Klipsch community.  Linking the action of one man to a whole race of people is not appropiate.   Not closing this thread support the bigotry and prejudice view of some forum members. Is this what the Klipshc community wishes to be associated with?

1.)  As a spill over for the other discussion had about blacks, how is anyone supposed to not look at them the way they do when they do sh&t like this?

2.)  The crowd should have handled that situation right then and there and beat him with his own guitar until the town of Ferguson or Sharpton arrived.

3.)  You can't honestly say you wouldn't have said string up the white guy for beating on poor blacky

One man did something and these statement apply to a whole groups of people.  I can't remember seeing another ethnic group attacked like this on the forum since I joined in 2011.  Not closing this thread shows the lack of sensitivity on Klipsch and defender of the thread.  This is a sad day for the forum.

I sure didn't use those words.

Good Lord Derrick (there you go Mdeneen) No one is waiving a Dixie flag here and preaching supremacy or hate for any race.  Afroman got compared to the looting scum, arsons and the delusional folks that think attacking an officer of the law is ok. Since a few here are thinking I am linking every person of color in the US with this comparo or saying they are all "bad", you're wrong.