You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

Looks like the 'mature audience only' lounge has been pre-empted.   Personally, I thought we all showed a lot of class, maturity, and respect for one another.  Something few, if any other forums can boast.

• Like 1

Yeah like you guys from the other Washington know a lot more about being civil than us guys from the real Washington. "DC the Home of Comity!" is our motto.

Sure you do.  I guess you have to be civil, probably only well-armed transplanted crackers and retired mounties up there. Oh yeah, and apple farmers. Corporate apple farmers, not like family apple farmers I grew up around in Upstate New York. Awful apples and mediocre wine.  Probably have to import your cheese form Wisconsin.  Like they know how to make cheese in that  state.

And listen up Mr.Canadian, don't try and act hip and pass yourself off as an 'Merican. Anybody from Vancouver's a Canadian. Sure all you Canucks want to be just like us, but your still sissified British exiles offering toasts to the Queen when nobody's looking. 

Dang hosers. go put on your curling cap or something.

At least it didn't come out one of your eyes.  Occasionally I'll blow my nose and water and bubbles come out the inside corner of one of my eyes...allergies.  Not brave enough to try the spaghetti noodle thing. 

• Like 1

Thebes just made me shoot milk out of my nose again... :(

They've got cows in Iowa? 

Figures.

Figures someone from Iowa would be drinking milk instead of mixing it into some fermented corn.  Look around. You might know somebody who knows somebody out by the great fork in  the road, near The Millers Country Store, who knows somebody who has a cousin in West Virgina who knows how to make proper shine. 

Get the right recipe going and before you know it, the tourists will be streaming out of Las Vegas towards Des Moines, now known as the "Sin Capitol of that Part of the Country Nobody Knows Anything About", 

You guys better work on that motto.

Like they know how to make cheese in that  state.

Careful my friend.....treading on very thin ice there....... 

Thebes as usual hits the nail on the head, except I'm not sure he realizes than Vancouver WA is practically Oregon where the cheese is pretty good, and is pretty much as far` from Canada as you can get and still be in the state called Washington.  Maybe next he will explain how someone who is hell bent for Michigan would defend the cheese making abilities of Wisconsin?  Hey wait!  He missed the nail altogether!

Well except for the part about BCers.  If they weren't such rabid hockey fans you might confuse them for English.

Edited by oldtimer

succotash

What are you Sylvester the cat? 

Here's the most handsome man in Iowa. Won so many beauty contests in that state they took up a collection and sent him East to us.

post-12696-0-10000000-1424541842_thumb.j

Edited by thebes

Vancouver WA is practically Oregon where the cheese is pretty good

Oregon has cheese? Probably American or Swiss.  Like I really care.  I'm from the part of the country that actually counts. Fergit about the rest of it. What are all those states out there someplace that nobody in their right mind would care about?  How about that state where they are all called Okies.  Talk about inbred crackers.  The state motto is "We marry more 1st cousins then Kentucky".

Then there's a whole state where all the males are premature ejaculators. "Sooners" their known as. Betcha all the women move away as soon as they can.

Then there's the state where everybody wears trenchcoats and cut off pant legs.  "The Show Me State" they call it.

And what about  those folks who call themselves "Hoosiers;  a name whose original use was to describe a class of woodsmen, yokels, and rough people who settled the area.

You want some cheese?  Go to Collose Cheese in Upstate, New York and buy some cheddar that's been aged for 10 years. Or maybe some well done farmers cheese. Now that's the ticket.

Guest Steven1963

Marty!  With the wall to wall people you have up there in that over-populated, run-down, worn-out state I'm sure there would be a pharmacist on every street corner dispensing hallucinogenics to everyone just so they can get through the day over there. You should probably layoff 'em for a while.

Oh, and we have some mighty fine micro-brews up here.  ;)

Edited by Steven1963

Also...corn? Yuck. Green beans and succotash please.

You can't have succotash without corn .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succotash

True, but you seriously want to eat just corn? YUCK!

succotash

What are you Sylvester the cat? 

Here's the most handsome man in Iowa. Won so many beauty contests in that state they took up a collection and sent him East to us.

My grandfather was saying that years before Sylvester was even a twinkle in the hands of his creator.

Corn?  I remember living in Germany, 10 years after the war ended.  Still a lot of rubble on the ground.

My parents (father a U S Navy Captain) befriended a German baron and his wife.  They were over at our quarters one evening in January for dinner, and my mother made the mistake of serving them corn.  They ate it, but could not shut down the impulse to let their distaste be known--corn was only fed to pigs!

Of course, later in the meal, at dessert, he also was mumbling audibly about the "capitalist strawberries" that were part of the dessert menu.  It was January, in Germany, after all, and California was no where in sight for such decadent things.