Selling Pair of 1987 Khorns Oiled Oak

JlWinchester100

Bought these beauties back in 1988 and ended up using them only casually on weekends for a stereo set-up, no home theater use.  I doubt these have been fired up even close to 700 hours.  They have been standing idle since 2008 in a temperature controlled family room. (work, work, work)  So I decided during the 2015 Holidays that they deserve a better home.  In researching who would be the best audience for these awesome speakers I found this Klipsch Community to be so passionate and knowledgeable.

Cabinets 99% pristine condition. There is only a 1/2 inch scratch at the very bottom of one speaker. When firing them up just recently I found that one speaker works perfectly, the other has some corrosion in the wire from the AC-2 crossover to the tweeter. That has occurred since we moved and disconnected them from the audio system in 2008.

From what I have learned from reading the posts here and elsewhere, this is an easy fix, or even an upgrade to the crossover.  

I have photos of the interiors, horns, crossovers and wiring.  It took me all day just to get these 3 up!  Should have better luck now.

Live in greater Washington, DC area.

$2,400 negotiable

post-60874-0-42780000-1424643432_thumb.j

post-60874-0-10860000-1424643846_thumb.j

post-60874-0-64100000-1424644147_thumb.j

I have gotten several offers via PM, but all from great distances. And I thank you for your interest.  But as you know, shipping these beauties is expensive.  Soooo, if any of you locals from the greater Washington DC area are interested in these fine Klipschorn specimens, I'll make it worth your while!!!

Thanks, JoAnn

Sadly, not many of the forum members responded to my offer to sell my Khorns.  Apart from a few from afar (thank you guys.)  I have now listed them on DC Craigslist.  For $1850.  I had hoped to find these beauties a home in the bosom of real K-fans, who really appreciate them for their exhilarating sound and not just to FLIP.  Next step, if no reasonable offer, is to go the Crites route and keep 'em.  Keep 'em close!

You would probably do better if you posted these in the "Garage Sale" section and NOT the 2-Channel home audio section.

Your price seems reasonable and people will drive considerable distances - so hang in there and post them in the correct forum

Thanks for the feedback & advice.  These are now in Garage Sale section.  (Maybe also in the original forum.  Not sure how to change that.)

PRICE NOW $1850!!  

Greater Washington DC area.  Pick up only.

I moved the thread for you and left a link in the original spot so users could find your thread if they were used to finding it there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback & advice.  These are now in Garage Sale section.  (Maybe also in the original forum.  Not sure how to change that.)

PRICE NOW $1850!!  

Greater Washington DC area.  Pick up only.

I moved the thread for you and left a link in the original spot so users could find your thread if they were used to finding it there.

Thank you!!  

Guest Steven1963

Hello and welcome to the Klipsch forums!  Very nice set of speakers you have there and if I were within 500 miles I'd drive and pick them up.  For the price you are listing them, you shouldn't have them long.

Good Luck and don't take a dollar less!

EDIT: I just saw another post by EDDIE and he's looking for Khorns around NJ.  Someone linked him to this thread so you might just have a buyer by the end of the day. :D

Edited by Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

These sure look sweet. What is wrong with the one speaker?

Sounds like a bit of corrosion on the wire.  If that's the case, nothing to worry about.  Stop asking questions and get them!  You will not find a pair of Khorns in this condition any cheaper than that.