Lounge Post

Tarheel

And please stop emailing my boss. (haven't discussed it yet with her but I know she's been emailed about it)

oh FFS.

Yeah. That really happened. 

I didn’t like the change; but, tattling to your boss is a bush league move.  But then again, I’m from Oakland…you don’t rat people out there--we have high standards.  

When he said boss/she, now I'm uncertain if the person emailed and tattled to his work-wife or his home-wife? :o

• Like 1

I agree with what has been said before, I don't like the direction of the forum or how it is being handled,,,,

That being said, too whoever tattled, That was a Chicken chit move, indefensible, and you are a Coward!

Proven even more so by your silence!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I am unconvinced that someone "tattled" as how would we even know who was Chad's boss? It is not like we have an org chart. I would suspect that many in the Klipsch organization view this Forum regularly. I don't think Chad is making this up. I just question how his boss came by the information.

Then again...

I am unconvinced that someone "tattled" as how would we even know who was Chad's boss? It is not like we have an org chart. I would suspect that many in the Klipsch organization view this Forum regularly. I don't think Chad is making this up. I just question how his boss came by the information.

Then again...

I'm sure someone could have easily gotten that information with a simple phone call.  Its not a stretch to believe someone could have emailed Chad's boss, not a stretch at all. 

Edited by wvu80

• Administrators

This person (whom I won't rat on because I do have *some* sense of class, lol) PM'd me asking for my supervisor's name and I immediately gave it to them, knowing full well what would be the result.

Guys, I apologize for "leaving in a huff" yesterday. It was a little childish on my part, and I let the actions of a couple people really affect me. It's hard not to take some of it personally when people are openly trashing the work I do and insulting me (yes, insulting me) without thinking that everything I do here is done for a reason that they don't always need to know. I have decently thick skin, but to me, comparing a room of chimps at computers to "better web developers" and writing long emails to my boss complaining about some changes I've done here (even short term experiments - experiments on the forums, not the people) went over the line to me and I let it get the best of me. Bush league for sure, all the way around. I wonder - if Amy was still here, and we made that change, would people react the same way? I have to think not, even though the only difference would have been it was Amy "running the show" and not "the new guy" (who's been here for 2 years now). Maybe it's because I own Jamo speakers? hehe

Anyway, sorry again for the childish outburst on my part yesterday.

• Like 1

Anyway, sorry again for the childish outburst on my part yesterday.

It's all good.

As far as ratting someone out, I've personally had it happen to me on the forum.  I won't go into detail as I know who it was also but never confronted them.  Arguing with an a**hole just brings you down to their level.  99.9% of everyone on the forum is great in my eyes but, just as in all walks of life, there's that .1% of chicken sh**s that "walk among us" as I alluded to earlier.  That's just the way it is.

Chad, I think some of the communication problems on this thread is due to the strong serious emotions some people feel, which I don't feel a need to judge. 

Some people (including myself) tried to lighten up the mood with some humor, but when some people are serious and others humorous on the internet, some of the nuances are lost, and the humor doesn't always come across the way it is intended. 

My racquetball buddies and I "mess" with each other all the time and its never a problem.  That's because we can see each other and we know by their smile what the intent is.  Where I'm from, it's a sign of acceptance.

Something I'd like all our Forumites to consider, including those who agree with me, and those who don't; we all make mistakes.  "Let he who is without sin..." you know the rest.

Maybe we all could do with less rock throwing.

Edited by wvu80

I have decently thick skin, but to me, comparing a room of chimps at computers to "better web developers" and writing long emails to my boss complaining

To me, this implies that not only did I post the room of chimps (which I did), but that I also emailed Chad's boss (WHICH I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT).

I expect and hope that Chad will clarify this

And by the way, I find it interesting that the room of chimps apparently, now, insulted you, when you in fact replied immediately afterwards with quite a humorous comment?  The posting of the chimps was meant completely to lighten the mood, and was met that way for many, but I guess not for all....

Here's something else Chad that I'm sure you might find interesting and could possibly "clarify" our "relationship"....I have been in IT for 40 years, I have been in software testing and QA for almost that long, and currently manage the software quality assurance practice for one of the largest health insurers in the world.  Developers and testers have now, and always will have, a somewhat adversarial and contentious relationship.  It's a natural.  I understand that.  If I didn't, I wouldn't be in this field.  Plus, we use lots of chimps.  They are great testers, except when they spill their beer and we have to constantly replace their keyboards.....

• Administrators
To me, this implies that not only did I post the room of chimps (which I did), but that I also emailed Chad's boss (WHICH I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT).

100% correct. Wasn't you of course. 

Also, I do refer to myself as a code monkey quite often. You just caught me at a bad moment in context. ;-)

Here's something else Chad that I'm sure you might find interesting and could possibly "clarify" our "relationship"....I have been in IT for 40 years

When Jim started, "high end computing" meant an abacus. :P

OK, so I withdraw my skepticism that someone wrote to Chad's boss. I would not have done that, but feelings run high here. Perhaps in the future a notice of an "experiment" would help smooth the way. In any event, Chad thank you for restoring the old format. So who do you think will be the next president? :)

Edited by eth2

And by the way, I find it interesting that the room of chimps apparently, now, insulted you, when you in fact replied immediately afterwards with quite a humorous comment?  The posting of the chimps was meant completely to lighten the mood, and was met that way for many, but I guess not for all....

That's how I took it, to lighten the mood, and I thought it was pretty funny.

+++

I bet if we all sat in a room face-to-face that 95% of the misunderstandings and mis-communications  could be ironed out in 10 minutes.  It's hard to do with a bunch of people, all with different issues, over the internet.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

That's how I took it, to lighten the mood, and I thought it was pretty funny.

+++

I bet if we all sat in a room face-to-face that 95% of the misunderstandings and mis-communications  could be ironed out in 10 minutes.  It's hard to do with a bunch of people, all with different issues, over the internet.

If people would get their collective asses out to Hope in April we could accomplish exactly that.

• Like 1