Upgrading to the latest version of forum software (eventually)

Chad

• Administrators

Well, I suppose I could let the forums get to the point where they haven't been updated in so long that there is no way to upgrade without migrating to another new system (thereby possibly going through the same issue as the last migration or worse) and let the forums get over-run with spammers, and never improving anything at all. I mean, I could do that. Sure would make my job a helluva lot easier. But then, I guess that decision would be questioned at some point down the road too, not just by the users, but by my employers.  :ph34r:  B)

But seriously, as I mentioned in the original post we're not upgrading tomorrow, or next week. Maybe sometime this year. I'm not a fan of early-adoption of major software updates. There are usually some bugs that show their head which are quickly patched after the initial release.

• Like 1

Change is good, almost always.

I have a couple of gripes with the present situation, which maybe can be changed in the present software, and certainly should be with future software.

1)  How come Klipsch is always underlined in red as a misspelling?  But Bose is not!

2)  Right now we see displayed 12 items as recent posts.  In prime time this accounts for only an hour or two of posts.  Maybe this could be increased?

WMcD