Snow storm Thor! 3/5/15 or, Where's Earl?

wvu80

I can't complain, solid 9" of snow overnight.  You can see the bird feeder in the pics below.  I can't imagine what it's like in upstate NY at the moment, or for that matter even you people in Cincinnati and the mid-west, where our storm came from.

post-58280-0-36240000-1425559346_thumb.jpost-58280-0-78960000-1425559391_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

We had cold in the tens, then a thaw to 40, then the next day heavy rain all day rain, which turned to heavy snow last night.  I can drive in snow, I've been doing it all my life and I'm very comfortable with it.  What I can't do (nobody can) is drive in ice, especially when it transitions from rain to ice, which in West Virginia we call "black ice."

Our average temp this time of year is 50 degrees.  It is supposed to be -3 tonight.  I'll be glad when global warming gets here.  B)

Here is the view where I am working on my CF-4's, looking out the window into my back yard.
post-58280-0-25520000-1425566316_thumb.jpost-58280-0-50720000-1425566334_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

We've just had rain, rain, and more rain overnight.

We don't open until 12:30, but the temp on campus is 31 and dropping... :blink2:

It certainly won't be very productive to come in that late. I expect they will close for the whole day, but I'll be halfway there before they decide.

Bruce

Just finished digged out the dog. :cool:

help shoveling snow.gif

Someone must have forgot to let the dog in last night. :o

Last of the great snow explorers.gif

post-36163-0-91960000-1425574354_thumb.g

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 2

3-4" here in rural DFW.

Same here. Almost whole state shut down. Its a nice day off.

No day off for me. My job function is pretty location agnostic, so it's just another working day for me. Still, it's nice to look out at my snow covered acreage while sipping my hot coffee. :D

• Like 1

3-4" here in rural DFW.

Same here. Almost whole state shut down. Its a nice day off.

No day off for me. My job function is pretty location agnostic, so it's just another working day for me. Still, it's nice to look out at my snow covered acreage while sipping my hot coffee. :D

I hear you. Even though I hate winter and dealing with the snow, it is extremely peaceful being out in it, especially at night. It's just so quiet and refreshing. I guess I need to get up north and back on a snowmobile!