this is rich

SuBXeRo

He had me at:

"Your system will be Timber matched, and it is an unreal way to watch movies at home." 

Just what I was looking for...........

Mark

You mean the idea of watching movies AT HOME...IN THE WOODS...with all that timber?  :lol:

You mean the idea of watching movies AT HOME...IN THE WOODS...with all that timber?  :lol:

I resemble that remark, I live out in the middle of a small forest. :)  The danged frogs are way louder than any neighbor or passing vehicle.  

• Like 1

He had me at:

"Your system will be Timber matched, and it is an unreal way to watch movies at home." 

Just what I was looking for...........

Mark

But that's what makes it so unreal!!!

• Like 1

I'm not laughing at the thought of turning RF 7 into center speaker, that is a very nice mod. I just dont consider what he has done a mod.

well if you asked the members here to take one of their RF7 and turn the terminal cup 90 degrees you would draw a blank much less rotate the horn. It is more than a fair bit of work only a very few would, consider and fewer would do. The very best centre channel for a system with RF7 fronts and rears is another RF7 that is in fact the only perfect match. Rear vent may or may not be an issue would depend upon the instal. Who knows what the persons reasons are hi wife may not like the esthetic, most of you ought to understand that.
  • Like 1

Well, if you ask members here to use that speaker as a center as it sits now, I'm sure they would not like the drivers not centered. I are referring to a mod similar to the link Youthman posted. Now thats a mod. I get it, RF 7 for center with Rf 7 for fronts. Nice match, but a little more mod will be needed for this speaker dont you think? 

Rear vent may or may not be an issue would depend upon the instal. Who knows what the persons reasons are hi wife may not like the esthetic, most of you ought to understand that.

I haven't measured anything and I have no idea what it is tuned to, but just by sticking my ear up to the things, the frequencies that come out of an RF-7ii's port in a strong manner seem to be lower than most people would cross over a center channel at anyway. If so, I'm not sure it matters.

• Like 1

more than a fair bit of work

Removing and reinstalling a few torx head screws?  It's not like he had to re-wire it or anything.  With hand tools I'm sure it took less than 5 minutes to turn the horn and terminal cup.  There was really no reason to turn the cup anyways.  Aesthetics of something that faces a wall?

• Like 2

His crossover is set at 80hz

He's not getting much out of the rear port then anyways.

I talked to a Klipsch employee about this earlier, he was afraid the porting situation would make it sound bad for anything except the factory enclosure, but I'm with you, if you're going to cut it off at 80 anyway I'm not sure it would do much as they seem to be tuned pretty low. I'm actually curious as to how they would sound in a sealed box as my situation wouldn't allow for anything very deep. I can't imagine that it would sound any worse than an RC-64 which is sealed.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

The specs on those drivers probably wouldn't lend themselves to work well in a sealed box.

My RC-7 (rear ported) in in an entertainment center with closed back and sides.  It's crossed over somewhere around 60 -70 Hz (it's been a while since I set it up).  I lined the back and part of the sides with egg crate material.  I've never had an issue with echo's or abnormal sounds.