Had a day of fun with a few buddies over

Wardsweb

You put that nice stuff on TV stands?  Yo!   :o

+++

The speakers up front in the light trim looks similar to JBL Century's , but I don't think it's the L-100, or L-56, but am I in the ball park?  Is it the L50?  In any case, they look nicely finished.  B)

Edited by wvu80

nice.....what are those large speakers? and the top turntable?

what are the big speakers in the back - they look like JBL

The speakers are DIY. I use Altec 511B horn with 802-8G driver, JBL 077 tweeter and JBL 2235H woofer. The cabinet is MDF And Baltic birch. The veneer is sapele pommele.

Edited by Wardsweb

You put that nice stuff on TV stands?  Yo!   :o

+++

The speakers up front in the light trim looks similar to JBL Century's , but I don't think it's the L-100, or L-56, but am I in the ball park?  Is it the L50?  In any case, they look nicely finished.  B)

The rack is part of the main system. The other gear was temporary for the afternoon.

The speakers up front in the light trim looks similar to JBL Century's , but I don't think it's the L-100, or L-56, but am I in the ball park? Is it the L50?
The L-100 was a three way, and the L-56 had white woofers. I'll go with an L-26.

Bruce

The speakers up front in the light trim looks similar to JBL Century's , but I don't think it's the L-100, or L-56, but am I in the ball park? Is it the L50?

The L-100 was a three way, and the L-56 had white woofers. I'll go with an L-26.

Bruce

You are correct. The L-26 is my favorite of the little JBL speakers. The Le-25 is a sweet tweeter.

I have some 4311s with a tweeter with a broken lead. Rather annoyed with that. Not sure I want to spend the money to get it fixed, or find another tweeter I can put it their place. I've been thinking of newer crossovers and tweaking everything, but that is also money.

Always love your projects!

Bruce

The speakers are DIY. I use Altec 511B horn with 802-8G driver, JBL 077 tweeter and JBL 2235H woofer. The cabinet is MDF And Baltic birch. The veneer is sapele pommele.

these speakers are true gems - congratulations -

You put that nice stuff on TV stands?  Yo!

More like TV trays.

Yes TV. Grabbed them so we wouldn't have to sit gear on the floor. Also, it made it a lot easier to change records, adjust volume and change amps and speakers. At the end of the day, everything was put back where it came from.

What's in the LP setup?

The table on top is a Clearaudio Champion II with a Benz Micro cart. The table in front is a VPI Travler with a Dynavector 10x5. The Clearaudio ran through the McIntosh C36 phono section. The VPI through a Musical Sorroundings Phonomena.

these speakers are true gems - congratulations -

I'll second that. DIY? Awesome job!