Will there be a Premiere version of the RF-7 ii, RC-64 ii, and the RS-62 ii?

ninjai18

Thanks guys. Kind of a bummer, but it's not too disappointing, considering how amazing the current ones are. :) Hmmm, should I get the top tier Premiere speakers (280F), or the Klipsch RF-7 ii system?

Edited by ninjai18

Hmmm, should I get the top tier Premiere speakers (280F), or the Klipsch RF-7 ii system?

I have never heard or seen the 280F but knowing the reputation of the RF-7II system for HT and it's beautiful real wood veneers(cherry), big 10" woofers, and big ole 1.75" compression drivers, you can't be disappointed there.

Bill

• Like 2

The RF 7 II's may well be the last speaker that you will ever need.

RF-7ii's just sound right to me.  I have no desire to do anything but get more of them.  RC-64ii is a slightly different manner, but that's why there are some RF-7ii woofers, tweeter, horn, and crossover being delivered to me tomorrow.   :)

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Thanks guys. Kind of a bummer

What exactly are you hoping will be improved?

Hmmm, should I get the top tier Premiere speakers (280F), or the Klipsch RF-7 ii system?

Depends on if you can afford the real thing or need to settle for a compromise.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

My only gripe about the new line is that currently there are no surrounds that will match the RF-7ii and RC-64ii's. They discontinued the RS-62ii and didn't offer a replacement. The only thing you can buy is the RP's with the dual 5's, which doesn't have the same beef as the dual 6's and visually the finishes don't match.

I really wish they would come out with some top tier Reference surrounds that have real wood veneer and titanium compression drivers. Actually I wish they'd come out with a "baby RF-7ii" bookshelf with a 10" woofer and the same 1.75" compression driver.

• Like 2

My only gripe about the new line is that currently there are no surrounds that will match the RF-7ii and RC-64ii's. They discontinued the RS-62ii and didn't offer a replacement. The only thing you can buy is the RP's with the dual 5's, which doesn't have the same beef as the dual 6's and visually the finishes don't match.

I really wish they would come out with some top tier Reference surrounds that have real wood veneer and titanium compression drivers. Actually I wish they'd come out with a "baby RF-7ii" bookshelf with a 10" woofer and the same 1.75" compression driver.

Just have some more speakers delivered and make your own :D

• Like 1

derrickdj1, on 12 Apr 2015 - 07:20 AM, said: The RF 7II is a Flagship speaker that has a great reputation and plenty of fans. The RF 7 II's may well be the last speaker that you will ever need. i always like reading that statement. Last speaker you will ever need. Lol

The flagship speakers like the RF 63, 83, 7's, and 7 II's are that good that you may not feel a need to every change.  Our nature to get  and try more speakers is a different animal altogether, lol,.

Edited by derrickdj1

Thanks guys. Kind of a bummer

What exactly are you hoping will be improved?

Depends on if you can afford the real thing or need to settle for a compromise.

Well, there is room for improvement on the crossovers, but I don't want t debate that again. The Premiere horns seem as though they could also be an improvement for imaging and off axis response. Plus, it's just nice to have a refresh once in a while. :)

Yeah, what's up with that? Very strange that they'd overlook that.. And I agree on all points.

Edited by ninjai18

Actually I wish they'd come out with a "baby RF-7ii" bookshelf with a 10" woofer and the same 1.75" compression driver.

They did at one point for the RF-7... They're just not made anymore. The RB-75's are hard to find these days and coveted by many on reputation alone.

http://www.klipsch.com/rb-75-bookshelf-speaker/details

Edited by GPBusa

The RB-75 lacked the 10" drive. Actually all RB speakers lack the ideal bookshelf design of a 12" driver like their ancestor. the Heresy I.

I've never heard an RB-75, but even with just an 8" bass driver, it has a better rated frequency response and power handling... versus the Heresy line.

I've owned Heresy 1's & 2's and liked them very much. And whether that 12" driver makes them "the ideal bookshelf design" (sounds like an opinion)... I don't know. But I bet the RB-75's would give them a run for their money.