Wife is going to kill me building the jamboree

Got first coat of stain on front board and got top painted and also got inserts for brass screws for front board installed. My ankles been giving me fits again. I don't know if I will ever get this first one finished!!! Still working on the design for the top hats going to mock it up with cardboard first and make sure it looks the way I have in my mind?

• Like 1

wow, the stain really brought out the figure in the wood....beautiful.

I usually like the natural or lighter color stains, but that looks great!

Thank you very much have been a big fan of red oak plywood. I have loved the tiger stripe in it.

Nicely done, its amazing how well these can look.  Do you feel that the amount of screws you have are enough to keep the hatch air tight.

I think the screws will work, I am using a good HVAC gasket tape to seal the panel. I am using steel inserts glued into the wood and have been able to get the screws really tight. I will be checking them for air leaks after I get them fired up. If needed I can go back and add a few more.

• Like 1

Going to post some tips I have learned while building this first one after I get it done. It won't be a build thread because duder1982 did a great job of that. Maybe it will help the next builder do a little better and quicker.

we really want to know how it sounds , the walls are going to shake with the Daytons - were theyt moreexpensivethan say a KAPPA15C  - any reason why you chose the DAYTONS overall -

Followed the jamboree thread and sent for the plans.Got them in a email today.

Going to make them into my front mains. Trying to get started in the next couple of weeks. Will post pic's and progress as I go. Looks like it will take a while to build them.

how much  did the plans cost you -

Make sure the woofer surround does not bottom out on your motorboard, those Dayton woofers use a soft gasket that compresses when the screws are tightened.

Chalk up the motorboard, install and tighten down your driver(s) and play a 20 Hz test track with some decent voltage but not too much as to bottom out the driver then remove to see if any chalk has rubbed onto the surround.

If you have interference a spacer will be needed.

Edited by jason str
  • Like 2

Make sure the woofer surround does not bottom out on your motorboard, those Dayton woofers use a soft gasket that compresses when the screws are tightened.

Chalk up the motorboard and play a 20 Hz test track with some decent voltage but not too much as to bottom out the driver then check to see if any chalk has rubbed onto the surround.

If you have interference a spacer will be needed.

now the man is talking - Jason is the true Dayton guru -