K Horn question

A1UC

Continuous 100wpc. max is 400 I think.

Cool, thank you, was a little worried giving her the QSC, more power is one thing, the fact she is not afraid to use is it, is another

Her Ks are in perfect shape, installed Full new Crites crossovers before setting them up last year.

I'm not a tech guru - I'm sure most forum members can run rings around me - but don't forget the possible impact of 'over-driving' your amplifier.  Clipping distortion can easily destroy a set of tweeters.  Regards, Tim  

• Like 1

Search   Properly toeing in speakers in 2 channel I think it is.   Mine are about 14 on a 14 foot wall with one fake wall I made attached the speaker. I sit about 12 feet away sounds fine to me. I use to have Scalas in the room and they were further out due to box size and I could adjust them a bit but sounds just as good now. I do not think you would have a problem with your seating at all.  Rick

• Like 1

I paid $1200 for mine second hand in 1987(jeesh that'll be 30 years coming up soon!). I have put more into upgrades than that. I would say factoring in inflation and if there in as good of condition as the pictures show $2700 is not unreasonable. If you really want Walnut wait for Walnut.

Edited by babadono

Walnut would be my 1st choice , if not black . Im wondering if 2700 is highof a fair price ?

I don't like Black Ash! If you like Black, why not go with Pro series gear?

As to price, The Black Ash is a negative for me, but location/distance from you is a MAJOR plus! They aren't very old either...

Roger

• Like 1

Continuous 100wpc. max is 400 I think.

Cool, thank you, was a little worried giving her the QSC, more power is one thing, the fact she is not afraid to use is it, is another

Her Ks are in perfect shape, installed Full new Crites crossovers before setting them up last year.

I'm not a tech guru - I'm sure most forum members can run rings around me - but don't forget the possible impact of 'over-driving' your amplifier.  Clipping distortion can easily destroy a set of tweeters.  Regards, Tim  

The wife has enjoyed her current system for about a year, this is her first Class A , and as i sit at home in the Cave, only having completed my current system last July, im already planning/buying goodies for the next.

Am i or the wife any different than anyone else?

My outlook is: i will do whatever she request on her system, if it Smokes/Fry's, it's her system/lesson learned and just that much sooner she gets the next upgrade, i mean hell, maybe SHE wants to pizz off a neighbor :o

I don't like Black Ash! If you like Black, why not go with Pro series gear?

As to price, The Black Ash is a negative for me, but location/distance from you is a MAJOR plus! They aren't very old either...

Roger

Black was never in my taste for Ks either, untill JWeber posted his "Alert" from Audiogon at $999, and they were an hour away.

Needless to say they were in my truck the very next morning.

• Like 1

Well this sucks , From what I was told since they are on a 45 deg and my room is 12ft wide I would have to sit around 6ft away for the sweet spot . I have to be 13 ft away . Oh well maybe another time .

Using false corners you can aim them wherever you need.

• Like 1