K Horn question

A1UC

from all my purchases ( 5 ) all B style over the last 20+ years 2200-2500 depending on the year

i paid 3 large for a mint 03 set ( WL ) an hour away with boxes.

never bought any in black

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963

There are a lot of variables to consider before an 'average price' can be accurately given, if one can be given at all. Location, desirability, year, condition, upgrades (if any), market size.

I think market size might play a bigger role than some would think. It's not like Klipsch made 2,000,000 pairs of black Klipschorns in the last 40 years for a given sample to be analyzed and then from that an average could be deduced.

With that said I think most of the #'s being reported are solid: around $2500.  But even that can vary by a huge 25 percent up or down.

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

Well this sucks , From what I was told since they are on a 45 deg and my room is 12ft wide I would have to sit around 6ft away for the sweet spot . I have to be 13 ft away . Oh well maybe another time .

• Like 2

Well this sucks , From what I was told since they are on a 45 deg and my room is 12ft wide I would have to sit around 6ft away for the sweet spot . I have to be 13 ft away . Oh well maybe another time .

The wifes system in the living room, she never sits in there, she Cranks the Ks wile in the kitchen.

• Like 1

It's good this thread came up. the wife ask me for a Tad more power on her system last month, i completly spaced it.

She is running these Mono Blocks @50Wpc.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Music-Angel-MINI-YAYI-KT88-Mono-Block-Integrated-Power-Amplifier-PUS-/290708858585?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item43af9926d9

She knows i have a spare QSC 1700 sitting in the cave.

Ok gang wile im thinking about this, what is the Max Wpc on the Ks?

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Continuous 100wpc. max is 400 I think.

Cool, thank you, was a little worried giving her the QSC, more power is one thing, the fact she is not afraid to use is it, is another

Her Ks are in perfect shape, installed Full new Crites crossovers before setting them up last year.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Cool, thank you, was a little worried giving her the QSC, more power is one thing, the fact she is not afraid to use is it, is another

Her Ks are in perfect shape, installed Full new Crites crossovers before setting them up last year.

50 watts through Khorns is pretty freaking loud.  The kitchen must be a good distance from where they are sitting for her to want more power - or a lot of walls also?

• Like 1

"50 watts through Khorns is pretty freaking loud"

Lmfao

50 watts through Khorns is pretty freaking loud.  The kitchen must be a good distance from where they are sitting for her to want more power - or a lot of walls also?

"50 watts through Khorns is pretty freaking loud"......LMFAO, ill never get that old :)

50 Wpc in my Cave is a warm up.

I will fire up her system and set up my sound meter, before and after Amp swap. later this week when we get home.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1