Locking Threads "due to bad personnel attacks"

mikebse2a3

6th most popular puts The Lounge well below any of the most relevant audio related sections. I didn't even know about this place until Bob pointed me over here about something. The Lounge is obviously designed for light discussion about non-audio related topics, so I guess you have me there. I think you understand the real point I was trying to make, even if you disagree with it.

Oldtimer, okay I had to laugh at that, touche'.

6th most popular puts The Lounge well below any of the most relevant audio related sections. I didn't even know about this place until Bob pointed me over here about something. The Lounge is obviously designed for light discussion about non-audio related topics, so I guess you have me there. I think you understand the real point I was trying to make, even if you disagree with it.

Oldtimer, okay I had to laugh at that, touche'.

I honestly don't think you understand. This content is USER CREATED. It was ours. You keep talking about the server. That's so trivial it's in the noise. The users have created all this valuable content. And thus, we are like shareholders in this asset. Don't think so? Then delete all the posts and see how many visitors you get. And as for this content, I have created some 30,000 pieces of it. Possibly more than anyone else, or at least close. Do you imagine in your head that all that content came with no effort? No investment? No purpose? No value? All the best content creators are leaving for dam good reasons. Sure, tell them all to go elsewhere because, you know, it's Klipsch's server! That makes real sense.

I value my content for many reasons, Dean. Maybe you don't, you don't seem to think any of this is up to you.

No content = no value. No users = no content. Think it over.

"You can't handle the truth!  ... You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall!"

Edited by Jeff Matthews
  • Like 2

I don't have to.  You already did in that post.  A stakeholder is not one with a financial interest necessarily but has an interest nonetheless.  Technically, we are stakeholders because we value the place for the exchange of ideas and information, and also laughs and life sharing.

I don't have to.  You already did in that post.  A stakeholder is not one with a financial interest necessarily but has an interest nonetheless.  Technically, we are stakeholders because we value the place for the exchange of ideas and information, and also laughs and life sharing.

... for making room for everyone, as hard is that can be to do.  They do it.  We get to have our fun, subject to a little moderation from time-to-time, and frankly, if we didn't have that moderation, I don't think it would last as long as it does.  Without it, a lot of people would fatigue pretty fast.  I've seen the kinds of comments that get left at Youtube, for example.  Trust me, the arguing there is beyond absurd.  They start maligning each others penises because everyone knows you don't put butter in New England claim chowder.

Mark, context is everything. This is a message board established for the discussion of audio related issues. It's not part of the Wild Wild West of the Internet where people can freely discuss any and all form of subject matter based on their own rule sets. Maybe you should purchase your own server and software and start your own forum. Being a member here is not a right, it's a privilege.

I know from personal experience that the moderators are very good at letting a lot of things slide. I've been trying to look at my more recent posts from their point of view, and I think I'm finally beginning to understand how difficult their job is -- which is protecting both the interests of Klipsch as well as the opinions and feelings of the forum members.

We both know we tend to go over the top sometimes (others too), and we need to stop or this place is going to keep dying its slow painful death. People don't come out here for BS and drama, they come out to discuss audio related subject matter and to get help -- two things you are very good at. I know people come out here and leave after a few days. I know this because they tell me both in email conversations and phone calls. The petty juvenile drama is killing this place, and I feel terrible that I've contributed to it.

I'm afraid some do Dean...!!!! .......wish it wasn't so but observations over time prove otherwise..!!!!!

Mark, context is everything. This is a message board established for the discussion of audio related issues. It's not part of the Wild Wild West of the Internet where people can freely discuss any and all form of subject matter based on their own rule sets. Maybe you should purchase your own server and software and start your own forum. Being a member here is not a right, it's a privilege.

I know from personal experience that the moderators are very good at letting a lot of things slide. I've been trying to look at my more recent posts from their point of view, and I think I'm finally beginning to understand how difficult their job is -- which is protecting both the interests of Klipsch as well as the opinions and feelings of the forum members.

We both know we tend to go over the top sometimes (others too), and we need to stop or this place is going to keep dying its slow painful death. People don't come out here for BS and drama, they come out to discuss audio related subject matter and to get help -- two things you are very good at. I know people come out here and leave after a few days. I know this because they tell me both in email conversations and phone calls. The petty juvenile drama is killing this place, and I feel terrible that I've contributed to it.

I'm afraid some do Dean...!!!! .......wish it wasn't so but observations over time prove otherwise..!!!!!

Of course they do!  Look at all these long-time posters.  Do you believe they can seriously spend 10 years and 20,000 posts sticking to audio?  Once you get your fill of audio, people's personalities start to grow and reveal who they are.  People come here, and stay here, for that.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

We mostly hang out here primarily for its free of charge entertainment value. Sometimes we help people with problems, if we feel like it, but not as often as we should. Just because you decide to yack all day with a keyboard doesn't mean you're invested in anything except your own enjoyment.

• Like 1

Arguing over inane details with a healthy portion of ad hominem attacks is life-enriching drama?

Good question.  In the style of mark please give us your definition of life enriching drama.  No search engines please.

If we're talking forum drama, none of it qualifies. I have plenty of personal, real-world,  "none of your business" drama that has greatly enriched my life. the same things happening to someone else, may not be perceived as such.

Seven Pounds - That movie makes me cry like a 9 month old baby every time.

Life is in the details.  Some will say God is in the details.  Just because it is none of our business does not make it non-applicable to everyone.  Great novels are filled with that stuff and those who read them get enriched beyond their own experience.  Forum drama is instructive beyond your perception apparently, but as a millennial growing up with cyber communication I can see your point of view.