Locking Threads "due to bad personnel attacks"

mikebse2a3

Oldtimer,

That feels like a desperate reach for cover. I wasn't outraged, and my contrasting your comment in light of the frenzied sensitivities over mundane subjects, wasn't faux.

It's not desperate, nor a reach for anything.  The fact that you have mentioned it in more than one thread without context is partly amusing, and party pathetic.

What's "party pathetic?"  Where can I get some?  Or is it an event?

There have been a number of posts here about all sorts of posts going unmoderated as if we had nothing to do but hang out here and patrol all day.  There are only 7 of us and Chad.  Chad checks on things, but his main job is in the engine room. 

If you see a "death wish" or ANY offensive or inappropriate comment and don't report it, please don't complain about it.

This community has 40k or so members.  Having only one professional and 6 volunteer moderators says a lot about just how self-moderated we are. 

Help keep it that way.

Dave

• Like 1

There have been a number of posts here about all sorts of posts going unmoderated as if we had nothing to do but hang out here and patrol all day. There are only 7 of us and Chad. Chad checks on things, but his main job is in the engine room.

If you see a "death wish" or ANY offensive or inappropriate comment and don't report it, please don't complain about it.

This community has 40k or so members. Having only one professional and 6 volunteer moderators says a lot about just how self-moderated we are.

Help keep it that way.

Dave

What?

Well excuse me, Dave. I assumed that when such posts occur in a short thread, in which TWO moderators are actively posting over a very short period of time, that filling a formal complaint might not be necessary. My mistake.

BTW, I wasn't outraged, I simply pointed out the irony of it, which is now even increased.

But you weren't outraged and weren't going to report the post, and for obvious reason... it was in jest.  It was obvious to you and everyone else, so you can't expect a moderator to express any concern over it.  Dave was referring to real threats and how to handle them appropriately given the limited ability of the mods to read everything.

You're just trying to stir the pot.  

I love the irony too Mark, but it is more than increased, it has become cross purposed.  You can be quoted as saying you had a beef which implies you took it seriously.  Which is also ironic given your literary prowess.  Are you now saying you wish to restate what you said?

But you weren't outraged and weren't going to report the post, and for obvious reason... it was in jest. It was obvious to you and everyone else, so you can't expect a moderator to express any concern over it. Dave was referring to real threats and how to handle them appropriately given the limited ability of the mods to read everything.

I frequently get a chuckle from Brian's and Steve's posts.  This was one of those times.  I enjoy both their senses of humor.  They have a way of crafting humorous phrases that I'm envious of.

I deleted my thread and decided to leave instead.  Best wishes everyone.

Worst post of the thread.  Hopefully you're just talking about leaving the thread.

He's not.

It's all Mark's fault.

I deleted my thread and decided to leave instead.  Best wishes everyone.

Worst post of the thread.  Hopefully you're just talking about leaving the thread.

He's not.

I didn't either, just hoping for a response if he's reading.

• Like 1

You're just trying to stir the pot.

Good luck with that.  I don't stir very easy anymore.

Certainly not to the tune of hearing more about the "death wish" thing and then having it used as an example of moderator oversight.

Sounds more like an endorsement of moderator sound judgment to me.  

Dave

Hey Johnny, whats on the board for another 10+ year forum member ????

Well Steve, the choices are.....

1. Take thy Stethoscope and walk for a $100

2. I have half a mind to gather my toys and go home for $200

3. And for $500 we have Girl, don't go away mad....girl, just go away.

Remember kids. Anger is one letter short of Danger. Also, the grumpier you are, the more mean people you meet everyday!

• Like 2

As a purveyor of snark, I did not perceive it to be a death wish. All I saw was one old guy giving another old guy a hard time about being old. Oh and I'm an ageist *******.

So, ate you speaking as a moderator, or just another member stirring a pot that doesn't involve you?

Both. As a moderator that does read a lot of the threads, including this one, and did not take action on the comments because I felt they did not warrant action - I felt like you were talking to me. As just another member, I wanted to add a snarky comment which would tell you guys to LIGHTEN UP.

Edited by Thaddeus Smith

4. So TODAY what everyone is saying is that it is fine for Oldtimer to make his humor at my expense, but my humorous reply was out of bound?

Still looking for it.  Both the humor and what may be considered "out of bound."  Unless you mean the irony post, which is possible for the former, but not the latter.