Locking Threads "due to bad personnel attacks"

mikebse2a3

Sigh.

I didn't understand why Marty was so harsh. I also knew that Marty has a solid relationship with Craig. Though my comment was meant to be taken in a playful way, I did have an underlying suspicion that Marty's motivation was to protect Craig's livelihood and/or that he was regurgitating things that Craig had told him. In short, I was using the comment to solicit a reaction. Now, I'm being completely truthful when I say this, but I didn't realize this until I read this thread and wondered whether or not I really contributed to the issue. The comment was emotionally driven, I didn't think much about it as I was typing it out. At the time, I knew it was appropriate to apologize, but only now do I realize that I was apologizing for the wrong thing.

Back when I was healthy; I was sarcastic, cynical, somewhat passive-aggressive, and had a terrible temper, Most of the time, I could hold myself in check, and could even manage to be pleasant every once in awhile. On the forum, it took a bit to set me off, unless it was a straight out personal attack or someone inferred that I was taking advantage of people by selling them flooby dust.

Post Cancer is a little different; I seem to spend a lot of time second guessing motives, and I have no tolerance for being jerked around, not even a little bit. I hurt everywhere, and no longer have the energy to get angry and fight with people, it's just easier to cut them out of my life. The way I see it, if someone is actually expending energy and putting effort into making me miserable, they need to be gone. Unfortunately, this isn't so easy to do on a message board. You can get someone out of your personal life, but you're kind of stuck with them here -- and this is where things get complicated.

There are a lot of relationships here, and if you happen to have a falling out with someone, (or in my case, a half dozen of them), you spend a lot of time biting your lip and avoiding threads they post in. Sometimes you just can't help it, and you end up in a thread you know you probably shouldn't be in, but you've got something to say, right? Stiflingly yourself on a regular basis gets old, so you go against your better judgment and jump in. I know I toe the line sometimes with my remarks, and I can push the right buttons with the best of them -- but that really wasn't the case here, at least not consciously.

I'm pretty sure I shared more than you wanted or needed to know, and much of it probably falls into the "who gives a shit" category, but I wanted everyone to consider the complex dynamic that's at play here. Quite a few people are upset with me, and I vacillate between ambivalence and apathy -- and this occasionally bleeds over into the forum. So, there you have it, it's all my fault!

At this point in my life I've learned that some people require something that I'm simply not capable of giving -- my posterior.

Edited by Crankysoldermeister
  • Like 3

I have something to post, but it's risky. Does anyone want to read it -- and is there a moderator available to take it down if it is deemed offensive.

Post it, I want to see if my warning point button works.  Maybe I'll just try it on Thad instead.  I don't like the way his avatar is looking at me.

• Like 1

Maybe I'll just try it on Thad instead.  I don't like the way his avatar is looking at me.

Yeah, I noticed he stares at me when I move around. Like the picture on the wall, always staring. I thought he was hitting on me. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sigh.

I didn't understand why Marty was so harsh. I also knew that Marty has a solid relationship with Craig. Though my comment was meant to be taken in a playful way, I did have an underlying suspicion that Marty's motivation was to protect Craig's livelihood and/or that he was regurgitating things that Craig had told him. In short, I was using the comment to solicit a reaction. Now, I'm being completely truthful when I say this, but I didn't realize this until I read this read and wondered whether or not I really contributed to the issue. The comment was emotionally driven, I didn't think much about it as I was typing it out. At the time, I knew it was appropriate to apologize, but only now do I realize that I was apologizing for the wrong thing.

Back when I was healthy; I was sarcastic, cynical, somewhat passive-aggressive, and had a terrible temper, Most of the time, I could hold myself in check, and could even manage to be pleasant every once in awhile. On the forum, it took a bit to set me off, unless it was a straight out personal attack or the inference that I was taking advantage of people by selling them flooby dust.

Post Cancer is a little different; I seem to spend a lot of time second guessing motives, and I have no tolerance for being jerked around, not even a little bit. I hurt everywhere, and no longer have the energy to get angry and fight with people, it's just easier to cut them out of my life. The way I see it, if someone is actually expending energy and putting effort into making me miserable, they need to be gone. Unfortunately, this isn't so easy to do on a message board. You can get someone out of your personal life, but you're kind of stuck with them here -- and this is where things get complicated.

There are a lot of relationships here, and if you happen to have a falling out with someone, (or in my case, a half dozen of them), you spend a lot of time biting your lip and avoiding threads they post in. Sometimes you just can't help it, and you end up in a thread you know you probably shouldn't be in, but you've got something to say, right? Stiflingly yourself on a regular basis gets old, so you go against your better judgment and jump in. I know I toe the line sometimes with my remarks, and I can push the right buttons with the best of them -- but that really wasn't the case here, at least not consciously.

I'm pretty sure I shared more than you wanted or needed to know, and much of it probably falls into the "who gives a ****" category, but I wanted everyone to consider the complex dynamic that's at play here. Quite a few people are upset with me, and I vacillate between ambivalence and apathy -- and this occasionally bleeds over into the forum. So, there you have it, it's all my fault!

At this point in my life I've learned that some people require something that I'm simply not capable of giving -- my posterior.

Awe Dean....you had me going there until the last line! :wub:   

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sigh.

I'm pretty sure I shared more than you wanted or needed to know, and much of it probably falls into the "who gives a ****" category, but I wanted everyone to consider the complex dynamic that's at play here. Quite a few people are upset with me, and I vacillate between ambivalence and apathy -- and this occasionally bleeds over into the forum. So, there you have it, it's all my fault!

Yes, there is a complex dynamic in play in here.  You can't worry about the past, you have to live in the moment.  

I applaud your frankness and honesty in sharing with us, as I know it doesn't come easy.  Thank you Dean for posting, spoken from the heart and straightforward.

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

Sigh.

I didn't understand why Marty was so harsh. I also knew that Marty has a solid relationship with Craig. Though my comment was meant to be taken in a playful way, I did have an underlying suspicion that Marty's motivation was to protect Craig's livelihood and/or that he was regurgitating things that Craig had told him. In short, I was using the comment to solicit a reaction. Now, I'm being completely truthful when I say this, but I didn't realize this until I read this read and wondered whether or not I really contributed to the issue. The comment was emotionally driven, I didn't think much about it as I was typing it out. At the time, I knew it was appropriate to apologize, but only now do I realize that I was apologizing for the wrong thing.

Back when I was healthy; I was sarcastic, cynical, somewhat passive-aggressive, and had a terrible temper, Most of the time, I could hold myself in check, and could even manage to be pleasant every once in awhile. On the forum, it took a bit to set me off, unless it was a straight out personal attack or the inference that I was taking advantage of people by selling them flooby dust.

Deano. Cut it out. Life is too short. Don't let the boneheads get you down buddy.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 3

Dean … i don’t know the details of the conflicts that you’ve had with some of the members; and not only don’t i need to know -- i don’t want to know. It’s none of my business.  All i can say is that I’ve seen a lot of death in my life, and there are plenty of things that i want to say to people that are dead now.  If i say something wrong, I’m going to apologize. If someone apologizes to me, i’m going to accept it. To me forgiveness is something given -- not earned. 

Whatever has transpired between you and them -- i hope all parties put it behind them.

I suffer from a lack of patience; and like you -- i’m quick to move on to different people rather than fighting with them. And when i feel like crap -- my patience is even shorter. 

We all say stuff out of anger or frustration.  It takes a big man to apologize. It takes a little man not to forgive.

Good luck mending relationships and i truly hope your health improves.

Steve

• Like 3

• Moderators

Sigh.

Deano. Cut it out. Life is too short. Don't let the boneheads get you down buddy.

Amen Chief!  That is so true!!!!!  

Edited by dtel's wife

Hello Thad???? You need to protect your honor here. Come on! Hello??? (There he is staring at me again, cut it out). 

On the serious side, hope you beat the fire out of the Cancer, I mean open a serious can of woop arse on it. You never know how much time you have on this earth and the best I could ask for, as far as forum boards are concerned, is to hope my last post was kind and not hurtful to anyone.

Now why in the heck is Thad staring at me again? Now CECAA's avatar is eyeballing me. I think I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?   :rolleyes: