I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen and I don't know what I want
Eighteen I just don't know what I want
Eighteen I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place
I'll go runnin' in outer space oh yeah

I got a baby's brain and an old man's heart took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about feels like I'm livin' in the middle of doubt

'Cause I'm eighteen I get confused every day eighteen I just don't know what to say
Eighteen I gotta get away

Whoa lines form on my face and my hands
Lines form on the left and right
I'm in the middle the middle of life
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen and I like it
Yes I like it
Oh I like it love it like it love it
Eighteen eighteen eighteen eighteen and I like it

this place is going to keep dying its slow painful death

It's not slow nor painful.  It seems to be doing just fine.  Think way back to when dragonfyr or mas was here.  If that couldn't kill it nothing could.

Sorry to butt in to a post not meant for me, but I feel these two points should be made.

Perhaps a technicality but both dragonfyr and MAS were the same person.  That would be similar to saying "think way back to when Dean or Dean was here"

I think you just got moderated by a non-moderator! :ph34r:

• Like 1

this place is going to keep dying its slow painful death

It's not slow nor painful.  It seems to be doing just fine.  Think way back to when dragonfyr or mas was here.  If that couldn't kill it nothing could.

Sorry to butt in to a post not meant for me, but I feel these two points should be made.

Perhaps a technicality but both dragonfyr and MAS were the same person.  That would be similar to saying "think way back to when Dean or Dean was here"

I think you just got moderated by a non-moderator! :ph34r:

I knew he knew that.  We all do from that time.  My post was for him and certain things are understood.  USAir is now AAL.  Yeah we know that` too.  Keep on moderating Richard.  great job!  BTW I know mas/dragonfyrs real name as well.

Who supplied the content when Mas was gone?

Now you're getting the point. Or MobileHomeless, or Al K, or Parrot, or 20 other guys? Some good, some bad, but all unique, and mostly the passionate, quirky interesting ones get the boot or leave.

The best guys produce the best content and have the least tolerance for being treated like children.

Sounds like you want 50 more guys posting what they had for lunch. I guess that's a web site. I dunno.

Now?  I have always gotten the point.  I helped make the point.  If you think I sound like the last line of your post then you are dumber than a post.

He was NOT a huge content creator, any more than I am. I may have been at one point, but not any more. When your post count drops from a dozen a day to a half dozen a month, you're not really contributing anything of real significance -- unless the content itself is rich in content

Edited by Crankysoldermeister

• Moderators

I have never really talked to Craig so don't know much about him so I didn't comment.

BUT before we carry on about him leaving, he is doing it on his own, he is/was NOT banned.

He was only warned to watch what he was doing as far the rules go, if he decided to leave it's 100% on him.

I agree he does great work and has helped many here but to almost build a shrine because he decides to leave over this is a little ridiculous, why should he not have to follow the rules everyone else has to follow ? 

The hot companies in technology of all kinds have moved their social media marketing to Twitter and Facebook. Anyone got a guess what makes that so attractive to them?

Red Bull seems to be one of the companies that really understands how to captialize on "content" across many media platforms.  Red Bull and Flugtag homemade flying machines come to mind where they do things to create conversation around their brand.  Who actually talks about Red Bull in the context of a drink unless ordering it as a mix at the pub?  The name sure is on the tip of many tongues though as a person sure can find amazing media content everywhere including music, photos, videos, etc. all tied in with Red Bull.

Every member that leaves is a loss to the forum. Everyone realizes that. Craig is welcome to post whenever he pleases. He has open access to Chad if he feels that a particular mod is not treating him fairly.

If you are talking about mas he was an integral component of calling bullshit.  And he had the knowledge and sources to back up everything he said.

Ol' Dragonfyr! He was great and gave me some of the best advice on the internet and then could rattle off a PM that was several pages long in a time period I thought was impossible to write so much... :o He moved on over to AVS where he had some great discussions with some of the engineering types and possibly changed his screen name--Here recently someone has been posting over there with similar intent but I'm not thinkin' it's the same dude.

If you are talking about mas he was an integral component of calling bullshit.  And he had the knowledge and sources to back up everything he said.

Ol' Dragonfyr! He was great and gave me some of the best advice on the internet and then could rattle off a PM that was several pages long in a time period I thought was impossible to write so much... :o He moved on over to AVS where he had some great discussions with some of the engineering types and possibly changed his screen name--Here recently someone has been posting over there with similar intent but I'm not thinkin' it's the same dude.

Heh...  very true.  I think however, he was using some kind of speech recognition software as contrasted with typing most of that by himself.

Unless he changed his plans, I think he's sold his house and moved overseas (China) to teach English (or something like that).  Though I could never pin him down with an exact answer (then again, I never really asked), I inferred from what he said that he had at least one PHD if not another advanced degree.  A very interesting person to talk to. 

As for Craig....  my opinion....he won't be gone forever.

• Like 1

Lots of questioning in the past pages here of the function of the Lounge.  Certainly a few comments about "intelligent conversation" and what is, and is not.  I certainly include cigars, scotch, hot sauce, beer, BBQ, hot sauce, and a lot of other things as "intelligent conversation" and would consider them to be audio accessories as well...certainly so compared to politics or religion. 

Sure, you can start your own audio forum, but would it really be the same?  I joined several of the others over the years and found they just didn't fit.  Hard to swallow people going on and on about how great their nasty little sealed boxes swallowing 400w are and how "honky" and "harsh" horns are.   

Given the stated policy in bold, I don't see why anyone would think it's not appropriate to discuss anything on a persons mind. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette

I have never really talked to Craig so don't know much about him so I didn't comment.

BUT before we carry on about him leaving, he is doing it on his own, he is/was NOT banned.

He was only warned to watch what he was doing as far the rules go, if he decided to leave it's 100% on him.

I agree he does great work and has helped many here but to almost build a shrine because he decides to leave over this is a little ridiculous, why should he not have to follow the rules everyone else has to follow ? 

What rules did he break?  Where can I find the rules?