1976 La Scala Speakers

Terri

Update 1976 LaScala speakers:

On the recommendation of my advisor, we put a flashlight up to the grills of the speakers and found that the interior is not painted and they are raw wood.   DizRotus . . . is a genius.   

Hey Russ: these look very nice. because they were special ordered they could also be custom built by the project guys. Charles and Ronnie worked on experimental projects and special orders. Andy worked with these guys too and might know more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

He sat on them for awhile, but they did turn over rather quickly.

I thought he sold them in the $11-12oo range and his pics did no justice to their condition in comparison to the photos that originally appeared here.

3 minutes ago, bcarey13 said:

I think they are 84's

I think they stopped using the letter to designate the year in 84' and the first two numbers are the year made.  I have a set of 84' LaScalas that have a similar number

I agree.  I am not an expert, but I think the ones you have are 84 models, possibly made in 39th week of 1984, and was actually the 509th Heresy made that year

3 minutes ago, Dennist said:

I am considering these, so with the age, what r my concerns if they look clean and sound ok is the there a shelf life to these things?

You are considering exactly what?  84 La Scala's, or?  If so, you should definitely consider replacing the crossover capacitors, checking all of the horn to cabinet screws, and replacing the driver to mid horn gaskets.

• Like 1