No Bullshit

Chad

A couple of fun facts/observations:    It looks like 61 members out of 36,380 meet the criteria of 5,000 posts or 0.17% of the membership.    It looks like 297 members have at least 1,000 posts or 0.8% of the membership. 

I'll be completely frank here, I don't see this as a particularly good idea....To me, it creates a "good old boys club" (sorry for the lazy joke), that isn't needed.  Why segregate a (mostly) very knowledgeable group from the rest of the forum that very well could benefit from their creativity and experience?  Sure, they could also post to the "normal" forum for the rest of us bottom feeders to read....but why separate the two?  Sorry, I don't get it.

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 3

I'll be completely frank here, I don't see this as a particularly good idea....To me, it creates a "good old boys club" (sorry for the lazy joke), that isn't needed.  Why segregate a (mostly) very knowledgeable group from the rest of the forum that very well could benefit from their creativity and experience?  Sure, they could also post to the "normal" forum for the rest of us bottom feeders to read....but why separate the two?  Sorry, I don't get it.

They're not isolated or sequestered there— they can participate anywhere on the forum. For the most part, that section is for non-audio/speaker related topics or nonessential "off topic" comments to have oxygen away from a Commercial/Consumer based forum. What non-essential "knowledge" would you be missing out on? There are millions of non-audio/speaker forums on the web to discuss ad nauseam on politics etc.

If ones "goal" on a audio/speaker forum is to go off the grid, away from an audio/speaker forum... then one is not really here for audio. Pretty sure Chad's 5,000 post minimum was nothing more than establishing a benign metric to eliminate trolls, nothing more.

• Like 1

They're not isolated or sequestered there— they can participate anywhere on the forum

I know that, and I stated that.

For the most part, that section is for non-audio/speaker related topics or nonessential "off topic" comments to have oxygen away from a Commercial/Consumer based forum. What non-essential "knowledge" would you be missing out on?

Did Chad say that? Or, how do you know that?

Pretty sure Chad's 5,000 post minimum was nothing more than establishing a benign metric to eliminate trolls, nothing more.

Do you read Chad's tarot cards or what?  A benign metric?  Eliminate trolls?  I guess all of us below the magic number aren't worthy....

https://youtu.be/Vh78T--ZUxY

• Like 2

Pretty sure Chad's 5,000 post minimum was nothing more than establishing a benign metric to eliminate trolls, nothing more.

Do you read Chad's tarot cards or what?  A benign metric?  Eliminate trolls?  I guess all of us below the magic number aren't worthy....

https://youtu.be/Vh78T--ZUxY

I don't know for sure; however, wouldn't 5,000 "likes" be a better threshold indicator of those that can be trusted?    I'm guessing there would be less than 61 based on likes. :D

this new elite group will probably have a "Kahlua and Cables" thread rather than the more lowly (sub 5000 posts) "Coffee and Cables" thread. Every morning you can enjoy the hair of the dog. I am cold brew extracting my caffeine these days, so simple it's stupid and it makes for a fine cup of coffee even with cheap coffee. A minimum of 12 -14 hours soak is good but I have gotten into the habit of making my next days brew when I am filtering today's brew. Like this method better than my Aeropress and I never thought I would say that. So as the elite members like to say "may your tweeter never squawk". Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james
  • Like 2