No Bullshit

Chad

This is a celebration.....a passage..... that only a 5k poster can earn.  I say Kudo's. It about time the "elite" sewing circle around here earned their own forum clubhouse section. Im a little shocked. I really figured this place as a right turn only society and this would never pass. But hey, lets not look at this as pushing grandpa closer to shore to he can see the Dolphins with sharp grey fins, no no. Lets look at this as getting him closer to the water so he can cast his line out farther. 

• Like 1

I AM waiting to see the one word posts explode onto  this site,just to get post counts up with meaningless dribble that we will all have to wade thru to get to the real genius posts, that we all come here daily to take in, and enrich our lives,just so some pencil neck can get a label,  and admission into the upper crust club. mark this day on your calendars as the day it all went to perdition in a handbasket.  

well heck i gotta go make 4977 more posts so I can check out the good stuff. I just hope my carpel tunnel doesn't flare up 

Perdition in a handbasket happened several weeks ago.  Not many were aware of it though.  Raise a toast to MDeneen for what has transpired.

In the spirit of Paul Harvey (may that venerable radioman of seven decades RIP), I sure would like to hear the "rest of the story" and find out more about this evil twin of mdeneen that was stalking the forum and went on to ruin everybody's fun through his dastardly deeds.  I probably had read substantially more than half of his 31,000 posts since I started to research the forum extensively around late 2005 / early 2006 in relation to tube equipment and their impact with high efficiency speakers. Although many times I did not necessarily agree with his point of view, I found the posts to be more thought-provoking than anything else, which prompted me to do more research on my own regarding many topics; and I tend to suspect it could be somewhat misleading to place the entire blame only on mdeneen for "the day the music died." 

Hey, did this "evil twin" of mdeneen have anything to do with Thebes RTM salute to Don McLean this past Friday?

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

That music used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could make those people dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver

With every paper I'd deliver

Bad news on the doorstep

I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried

When I read about his widowed bride

Something touched me deep inside

The day the music died

So

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Did you write the book of love

And do you have faith in God above

If the Bible tells you so?

Do you believe in rock and roll?

Can music save your mortal soul?

And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him

'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym

You both kicked off your shoes

Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck

With a pink carnation and a pickup truck

But I knew I was out of luck

The day the music died

I started singin'

Now, for ten years we've been on our own

And moss grows fat on a rolling stone

But, that's not how it used to be

When the jester sang for the king and queen

In a coat he borrowed from James Dean

And a voice that came from you and me

Oh and while the king was looking down

The jester stole his thorny crown

The courtroom was adjourned

No verdict was returned

And while Lennon read a book on Marx

The quartet practiced in the park

And we sang dirges in the dark

The day the music died

We were singin'

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

And singin' this'll be the day that I die

Helter skelter in a summer swelter

The birds flew off with a fallout shelter

Eight miles high and falling fast

It landed foul on the grass

The players tried for a forward pass

With the jester on the sidelines in a cast

Now the half-time air was sweet perfume

While sergeants played a marching tune

We all got up to dance

Oh, but we never got the chance

'Cause the players tried to take the field

The marching band refused to yield

Do you recall what was revealed

The day the music died?

We started singin'

And singin' this'll be the day that I die

Oh, and there we were all in one place

A generation lost in space

With no time left to start again

So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick

Jack Flash sat on a candlestick

'Cause fire is the devil's only friend

Oh and as I watched him on the stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage

No angel born in Hell

Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night

To light the sacrificial rite

I saw Satan laughing with delight

The day the music died

He was singin'

I met a girl who sang the blues

And I asked her for some happy news

But she just smiled and turned away

I went down to the sacred store

Where I'd heard the music years before

But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed

The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed

But not a word was spoken

The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most

The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost

They caught the last train for the coast

The day the music died

And they were singing

They were singing

Damn that's a long song.  Where was I? Oh yea, since it was very recent and only just around this past mother's day, I seem to remember a combination of very volatile issues in several threads, which included the bashing of the OP of a certain restoration thread by certain people, the infamous Baltimore thread, and several "post mortem" threads (including the "snitches" thread) debating all of the issues and warts related to those in evaluating "who should be right" and evaluating if certain content and certain content providers on the forum had any value.  

More specifically, I seem to remember that a "Member Since 04 Apr 2014" ( ~ a year on the forum) started the big toxic thread that brought the house down and started the ruination of all the fun along with some nondescript poster with 179 posts that kept visiting (trolling?) that thread and started to complain (whine?) to anyone and everyone regarding how insulted he was and even making appearances in the infamous "snitches" thread but hasn't been seen making a forum post since.  Then "Member Since 04 Apr 2014" started to then feign some sort of "apologetic innocence" in starting that thread thus showing the world that he probably hasn't been here long enough to be trusted to "self-moderate."

That same member with barely a year on the forum, along with several others appeared to start ripping at mdeneen (or was it the "evil twin"?) like a pack of starving hyenas circling a wounded rabbit.  To me, it seemed that this "Member Since 04 Apr 2014," among others, were grossly out of line on several fronts, which included starting that infamous thread and subsequently feeling the need to start condescendingly lecturing mdeneen in your "snitches" thread.  Yes, another classic thread with a lot of great material that is now long gone. 

Shoot, I remember that "Member Since 04 Apr 2014" even started to lecture you on how you should be using sarcasm in the "See Ya" thread. I haven't seen anyone that can tease out the nuances of a situation through sarcasm better than you.

So what did this entire process and vilification prove? Almost 31,000 posts vanish from the forum and now this poor newbie guy can't understand why he can't access this thread to help him understand the NBS topology. :wacko:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/157838-nbs-preamp/

At the end of the day, we shouldn’t kid ourselves as none of us are really relevant and once we are gone, not many will realize there is a difference.  As years go by, the evolving forum community may show some respect from time to time, but our ideas will be ignored by the younger members.  We wake up one day and realize that our forum civilization is completely gone.  Who knows, those that stand on our shoulders may just make it a better place.

Forum names removed as the following is presented for demonstration purposes only in relation to the above points.

------------ QUOTE ----------

I didn't break any rules. Until your explosion here now, no moderator has said anything to me, with the exception a few nights ago when Dtel's Wife said I was rude to the fellow the other night who had complained about the Baltimore thread.

-----------------------------

Yes you have.  Continuously.  Don't take "silence" by other forum members as "agreement" with your point of view.

The mods should not HAVE to tell you how to properly conduct yourself.

The problem is, you don't seem to get it.  The mods are doing a dam fine job of moderating this place IMO, and you don't get it that you are LUCKY you haven't gotten warning points yet, or been banned.

+++

I am not mad at you, I am not complaining.  I am posting as a FRIEND hoping to give you some honest feedback to keep you posting, and to and KEEP you in the Klipsch community.

If you truly don't understand what you are doing, then maybe someone else can clue you in.  I would like to see your posting style change so you can stick around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

OK then, well, I guess you won't be joining other areas of this forum with non speaker related content, or topics that are filled with humor and good natured ribbing....That's a relief. 

You're reading far too much into the premise.... it has nothing to do general non speaker related content. We already have that here in abundance & I participate with it numerous forms. Its about relaxed rules for (potentially controversial) content & keeping it far from prying eyes of the general public en masse. 

We live in a CYA world. Klipsch wants to protect its brand. Why would Klipsch want to be publicly associated with content that could be deemed politically correct or controversial? Like it or not, we live in a "victim" society where feigned outrage abounds & is followed by those who revel in the schadenfreude. Everyday we hear of a corporation of individual that has to (warranted or not) apologize for comments posted on social media. There's a whole agitator industry that tries to shame a company or individual, or get someone to resign, or get someone fired.... simply because one nut-job, or one group was offended. As sad & absurd as that is.... that's the world we live in.

Creating a private section with relaxed rules governing content is preemptive crisis management 101. Klipsch wants to curry favor with the consumer. Not be caught up in some fabricated controversy that can damage the brand. 

I AM waiting to see the one word posts explode onto  this site,just to get post counts up with meaningless dribble that we will all have to wade thru to get to the real genius posts, that we all come here daily to take in, and enrich our lives,just so some pencil neck can get a label,  and admission into the upper crust club. mark this day on your calendars as the day it all went to perdition in a handbasket.  

well heck i gotta go make 4977 more posts so I can check out the good stuff. I just hope my carpel tunnel doesn't flare up 

Perdition in a handbasket happened several weeks ago.  Not many were aware of it though.  Raise a toast to MDeneen for what has transpired.

what did MDeneen do ???

Destroyed an entire section of this forum (similar to No BS) plus destroying everyone else's posts that went along with it and elsewhere throughout the forum.  Demanded it.  Went to upper management about it.  A lot of history is gone now.  That's the short of it.  It is beyond the point now that while I sparred with him a lot, agreed with him a lot, disagreed with him a lot as all of us did, what he ultimately accomplished was despicable and purely selfish.

• Like 1

OK then, well, I guess you won't be joining other areas of this forum with non speaker related content, or topics that are filled with humor and good natured ribbing....That's a relief. 

You're reading far too much into the premise.... it has nothing to do general non speaker related content. We already have that here in abundance & I participate with it numerous forms. Its about relaxed rules for (potentially controversial) content & keeping it far from prying eyes of the general public en masse. 

We live in a CYA world. Klipsch wants to protect its brand. Why would Klipsch want to be publicly associated with content that could be deemed politically correct or controversial? Like it or not, we live in a "victim" society where feigned outrage abounds & is followed by those who revel in the schadenfreude. Everyday we hear of a corporation of individual that has to (warranted or not) apologize for comments posted on social media. There's a whole agitator industry that tries to shame a company or individual, or get someone to resign, or get someone fired.... simply because one nut-job, or one group was offended. As sad & absurd as that is.... that's the world we live in.

Creating a private section with relaxed rules governing content is preemptive crisis management 101. Klipsch wants to curry favor with the consumer. Not be caught up in some fabricated controversy that can damage the brand. 

I get it now, that makes perfect sense, secret closed door elite meetings, for the good of our society. It has to be done. so that us plebs can"t interfere.

Definition of pleb; Someone with less then 5000 posts!!!