No Bullshit

Chad

mdeneen

I, for one, miss mdeneen.  He contributed much.  I didn't always agree with his tone, or his opinion, but I did often enough to want to read his point of view.

By the way, he was well over the 5,000 post level!

I am not really familiar with this "evil twin" business ... can someone enlighten me?

Without wax,

Gary

Let me clarify. Since I did not have the same experience as others may seem to have experienced, I was using the term “evil twin” more from the perspective of the antagonist found in various fiction genres where the evil twin is a physical copy of the protagonist, but with radically inverted moralities.

spock_evil_twin_morror_universe_nimoy.jpg

Is there such a thing as an "evil quadruplet"?

separated at birth picture_Klipsch.jpg

You sir win the interwebs for the day….pure awesomeness!

Red heads!  You had me at red heads.  They have a car wash?  I have cars!  Delicious coincidence.

Life sure is grand!  Now that I have been through the "red head" car wash and have a very clean car, I'm off to the bikini barista tonight. I only need to know how to "push" or "pull" to open the doors over there.

In 24 years (that point in time when I have 5,000 posts), I sure don't want to be more disappointed by what I did not do, than by what I did. :emotion-14:

bikini barista.jpg

java-girls-drivethru-coffee.jpg

java-girls-hot-coffee-drive-through.jpg

dont let friends drink crappy coffee.png

It appears my "Pony Express Run(s)" are in need of a Garmin "Update" :ph34r:

• Like 2

Hello,

I wanted to make everyone aware of a new member group and a new special forum available to that member group.

I've added a new group called "Heritage Members", which everyone here now gets automatically "promoted" to when they've made 5000 posts.

You may notice the "No Bullshit" protected forum listed under "The Klipsch Joint" on the forum index. Only those who have at least 5000 posts and therefore are in the Heritage Members group (along with admins and moderators) can access this forum and post there. The purpose of that forum is to provide an area with slightly more relaxed rules (in terms of political or religious conversation). However, nobody with access to that are immune to the posted Terms of Service and also not entirely immune to moderation from our mod team.

The reason why there is a 5000+ post "entrance fee" is twofold:

1. Generally speaking, those who have so many posts have been here long enough to be trusted to "self-moderate". 
  2. It provides some incentive to participate in other forum discussions here to raise your post count.

There are hundreds of active members here that have fewer than 5000 posts and are "upstanding members of the Klipsch Community". I personally hope to see more members gain access to this over time! 

Well nuts.  I think I had over 5000 posts in the old forum... now over 900 more to go.  Still have a copy and can move Oh @#%$! Moment Of The Day somewhere else.  Not sure how it ended up in BS.  Just where I was at the time.  

• Like 1

I'm gonna need to greet just shy of 5000 members with a "hello" to pad my post count. I'm planning to be handed that golden key before next week is over...

+1 post pad

You'll need to get busy then.

Is it proper forum etiquette to tell someone they've spelled their user name incorrectly?

• Like 2

After reading this I predict some disappointed people after all the hype, it couldn't possibly live up to expectations.

I'd kick that level of disappointment down a couple notches...... and call it "severely" disappointed people.

• Like 1

I'm gonna need to greet just shy of 5000 members with a "hello" to pad my post count. I'm planning to be handed that golden key before next week is over...

+1 post pad

You'll need to get busy then.

Is it proper forum etiquette to tell someone they've spelled their user name incorrectly?

It's not quite the correct way to use the acronym but there's too many Snafu screenames in the world for me, Snafu12714 Snafu9834 etc... I'd wanted to be a little more original than that, although I'm finding more SnaffooXXXX these days too. 

I do find myself more inclined to post than in the past 12 years so I'll get there soon. I think the No Bullshit room is a great idea, it certainly should promote an even higher level of camaraderie among it's members.

+2 pad         Scott

• Like 1