Coppertop

Nismo

My RF-7's.... just got some  additional Copper.    :)

As did my RS-7's.

Came home for the delivery & to snap a quick pic.

Still haven't even opened the boxes.

Gonna have to break out Transformers Age of Extinction tonight.

Z5pfiK7.jpg

ot5OIMa.jpg

kDAHXs6.jpg

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 5

Thanks gents. They should look great once I actually unbox them tonight.

My new amp should get here by the weekend (Emotiva Mini-x-a-100, Thaddeus recommendation).

I need that to power up the Rear Atmos Elevation Speakers.

By the weekend the HT will be: 5.2.4

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 2

I would like to see a pic with the modules on the RF 7's, please.

You & me both (lol). I'll take some unboxing shots tomorrow (its already dark here, sunlight has left for the day).

I'll post up pics with the modules on both the RF-7's & the RS-7's.

• Like 1

You & me both (lol). I'll take some unboxing shots tomorrow (its already dark here, sunlight has left for the day).

You'll have these sitting on the RS-7's? Interesting, how high are the RS-7's mounted?

Nothing on the Klipsch site yet unless I'm missing it

• Like 2

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V6vBxQps7zO/p_714RP140SA/Klipsch-Reference-Premiere-RP-140SA.html

Check out the extra pics for an example of a atmos add-on added on to a floor speaker

• Like 1

You'll have these sitting on the RS-7's? Interesting, how high are the RS-7's mounted?

Nothing on the Klipsch site yet unless I'm missing it

My RS-7's are on stands @ ear level... in opposite corners. The "corner" position will allow for the Atmos module to sit on top of the RS-7. Atmos doesn't subtract or take away info from 5.1 (7.1, etc.)... it builds on the traditional (existing) ear level sound stage (fired at the listener level), by adding a separate upper hemisphere of sound. The metadata of Atmos (object based) authoring can still be placed in 5.1 (7.1) speakers, as the signal travels to the upper sound stage, because Dolby Atmos enabled speakers do not rely on virtualized processing (there is no sweet spot or direct radiating effect). Having the sound data cover both ear level & upper level planes compliment each other.

My RS-7's are on stands @ ear level... in opposite corners. The "corner" position will allow for the Atmos module to sit on top of the RS-7.

Gotcha, stands would be easier to accommodate. I was trying to picture the add-on if the RS7s were flush mounted to a wall.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V6vBxQps7zO/p_714RP140SA/Klipsch-Reference-Premiere-RP-140SA.html

Check out the extra pics for an example of a atmos add-on added on to a floor speaker

Good pics to see them in action, but (for visual reference) those towers are much smaller than the RF-7's. In that pic, the module is almost flush with the cabinet. With the RF-7... the module footprint is much smaller  (about 3"smaller on the left, 3" smaller on the right & almost 5" shorter front to back). 

My RS-7's are on stands @ ear level... in opposite corners. The "corner" position will allow for the Atmos module to sit on top of the RS-7.

Gotcha, stands would be easier to accommodate. I was trying to picture the add-on if the RS7s were flush mounted to a wall.

I should have mentioned that earlier, in the corner (each) @ 45° angle, leaving space for the module to sit on top. The RS-7's are 15' apart (same spacing as the front RF-7's).

I think if someone has wall mount surrounds, you'd probably want to install a small floating shelf above the surrounds, then place the modules on the floating shelves.

Edited by Nismo

The RP-140SA has a built in keyhole mount. They can be used as monopole surrounds as an option. I am currently using them this way with my Atmos system. The binding posts/input cup were designed so the wire could exit WITH banana plugs in either position. 

I was wondering who would be the first to buy any of these. I'll be anxious to hear an honest opinion on how a 4" driver will keep up with rf-7's. If I ever went atmos in my cinema I would want much larger speakers. Something like the 8000m mounted on the ceiling.

I was wondering who would be the first to buy any of these. I'll be anxious to hear an honest opinion on how a 4" driver will keep up with rf-7's. If I ever went atmos in my cinema I would want much larger speakers. Something like the 8000m mounted on the ceiling.

These meet the requirements set by Dolby. They will do their job according to Dolby no matter what other speakers are used with them.

These meet the requirements set by Dolby. They will do their job according to Dolby no matter what other speakers are used with them.
yeah I get what your saying but if I were watching a clip at reference volumes that these can keep up just fine?