Klipschorn info - sell is lacking a bit of info

Dingman

Congrats!

Sounds like they were loved... and a good deal.

I bailed. Lacking proper corners. Trying to get rid of speakers, LOL.... not buy more! :wub:

Lacking proper corners ?

Boy have we got a deal for you, once in a lifetime chance to truly pizz off a neighbor right out of the box.

No corners needed other than perhaps one to hide behind when the cops show up! 

post-57941-0-31540000-1439078808_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

I love that set up Mark -- rock on brother.

I guess we can have fun on a now dead thread, Gorm scored! fill us in Gorm when you get them home.

Meanwile back at the fun, i need to get these speakers down the road, 500+ hits on the Bay but no hooks set as of yet.

This generation is like WOW, when seeing/hearing them, they are spoiled on little things that sound ok.

Cannot save them from themselfs.

Meanwile my MCMs sit, all lonley in the wifes garage, month number two :o

• Like 1

Congrats!

Sounds like they were loved... and a good deal.

I bailed. Lacking proper corners. Trying to get rid of speakers, LOL.... not buy more! :wub:

Lacking proper corners ?

Boy have we got a deal for you, once in a lifetime chance to truly pizz off a neighbor right out of the box.

No corners needed other than perhaps one to hide behind when the cops show up!

HOLY CROW!!

Still on the fence after listening. I offered far less, and she accepted, however still having some thoughts...

They are 1986s, and rough. Chipping on many veneer edges, major rubbing on the bottom cloths.

AK-2 crossovers. Sequential serial numbers.

They sound very good, at least from the demo on being power.

The price I quoted was far less than what she was asking. They were her former husbands, he was an audiophile and died after a long illness. She did show me all the rest of his stuff, not much other Klipsch, other than an SW15 in oak.

Not sure if I should get them or not. After some oil and elbow greese they would be very presentable. Not sure if I should get them or not though...

Still on the fence after listening. I offered far less, and she accepted, however still having some thoughts...

They are 1986s, and rough. Chipping on many veneer edges, major rubbing on the bottom cloths.

AK-2 crossovers. Sequential serial numbers.

They sound very good, at least from the demo on being power.

The price I quoted was far less than what she was asking. They were her former husbands, he was an audiophile and died after a long illness. She did show me all the rest of his stuff, not much other Klipsch, other than an SW15 in oak.

Not sure if I should get them or not. After some oil and elbow greese they would be very presentable. Not sure if I should get them or not though...

1/  She accepted your offer which was "FAR LESS" than she wanted.

2/  AK-2 crossovers AND sequential serial numbers.

3/  They sound "VERY GOOD" from the demo

4/   You convince yourself again stating she accepted your "much lower offer" than what she wanted. 

5/   Chipping on the veneer edges and bottom grill cloth "THAT CAN" be repaired and replaced. I've heard you can buy the grill cloth direct from Klipsch or find out where you can get it,,,,and veneer can be replaced....even removed, sanded and stained over or even re-veneered.

6/   "Mechanically" they are sound from what you state, just "cosmetically" they need alittle TLC. 

I don't think this is a hard decision in my opinion......but something is holding you back.....

Edited by boomer9911
  • Like 1

I guess the only thing holding it me back is having to locate the speakers in the far end of the room, instead of flanking my picture window. The image on the current cornscalas is awesome when flanking the picture window. When I rearrange them in a 45 degree angle K-Horn arrangement, they sound horrible and the stereo image is completely lost.

I'll likely buy them. If I don't like the sound, I don't think I'd have trouble selling them for what I'm paying...a

I guess the only thing holding it me back is having to locate the speakers in the far end of the room, instead of flanking my picture window. The image on the current cornscalas is awesome when flanking the picture window. When I rearrange them in a 45 degree angle K-Horn arrangement, they sound horrible and the stereo image is completely lost.

I'll likely buy them. If I don't like the sound, I don't think I'd have trouble selling them for what I'm paying...a

That's me. If I can't get them set up properly, it will be another set of speakers that I'm not completely happy with. They wouldn't get used and it would just aggravate me. I'd rather get my set of H2's set up properly, add a sub and enjoy.

I even thought about getting for "the future" - my mother has a nice large house (with corners) and when she passes, that house will be mine. But it's so hard to predict the future....