Meteor showers this week

dtel

I just went to the store and bought some of those glow in the dark planet things that stick on the ceiling -- an empty paper towel roll makes a good telescope if you punch three holes in the right place. 

I’m sitting here reading Shakespeare and looking skyward.  Man, you should see Saturn -- it’s pretty cool.

Your a mess..... lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 2

• Moderators

I just went to the store and bought some of those glow in the dark planet things that stick on the ceiling -- an empty paper towel roll makes a good telescope if you punch three holes in the right place. 

I’m sitting here reading Shakespeare and looking skyward.  Man, you should see Saturn -- it’s pretty cool.

Your a mess..... lol lol

MKP :-)

That's an understatement, :o  but he's cool so it's good. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel

Well if you like this kind of thing, it's this week.

"The annual Perseid meteor shower will reach its peak this week, giving amateur skywatchers with clear dark skies a potentially dazzling celestial light show.

Luckily for those watching the skies, there will be a new moon, allowing for maximum darkness just when the Perseid meteor shower will be is at its best. The meteor shower's peak occurs during the overnight hours of Wednesday (Aug. 12) and Thursday (Aug. 13). No fancy equipment is required; just a lawn chair and your naked eyes will be enough to see the "shooting stars."

The Perseids are visible from all over the Northern Hemisphere. To have the best chance of seeing a meteor, pick a dark area (as far from bright city lights as possible) and face northeast. The meteors were appear to radiate out from the constellation Perseus, hence their name: Perseids."

http://news.yahoo.com/potentially-dazzling-perseid-meteor-shower-peaks-week-144846431.html

Ha, just posted a thread on this, did not see this one :o

• Moderators

We were sitting out in the bar last night having a few adult beverages with my wife's brother and wife who is visiting and I told them about the meteor showers later that night.

Later that night...............................I forgot about it.  I just remembered when I seen this thread :o  :(

We were sitting out in the bar last night having a few adult beverages with my wife's brother and wife who is visiting and I told them about the meteor showers later that night.

Later that night...............................I forgot about it.  I just remembered when I seen this thread :o  :(

and people say I'm a space cadet.  :)