cubicle coffee: bad form, or perfectly normal? :)

Paducah Home Theater

if the aroma of brewing coffee is distracting to you then you can easily solve the problem. Ask your co worker to start to use a cold brew technique. All that is required is a jar large (with a lid) large enough to hold the volume of water your friend normally brews. Fill the jar with cold water and pour in the same amount of coffee (regular grind not fine as used for drip)and wait till the next morning. I make my next days cup after I strain today's cup. Best way to make smooth full bodied coffee that I know of. You could make a cup for your friend at work yourself so they know how good it can brew. Yes you need to strain and heat your coffee but it is a better cup and it is not too much more involved to make and simple once you are uses to it. No aroma for you and others and better tasting coffee for your co worker. You could also buy them a pack of nodoze caffeine pills one of those downed with a glass of water is easier on the system because of fewer alkaloids but you don't get the taste and smell of coffee. Cold brew coffee by the way extracts lots of caffeine, I am down to one cup of coffee a day with cold brew and I feel no need for more the way I do when I hot brew. Just a suggestion that I hope your friend will take to. Make the first cup for them they may be surprised use their own coffee in the same quantity and you will have a good chance to convince them. If you are only brewing a single cup you can use a mason jar or jam jar and do it right on your desk or in a drawer easily.

Edited by moray james
  • Like 1

Ya see.  Canadians are just too reasonable.

I hope so, cause they're going to have to sell the west coast water before long.

funny--my brother just told me that he was at two stores and both had hardly any garden hoses…i wonder if that is intentional.

I hope so, cause they're going to have to sell the west coast water before long.

Have to? LOL  Because like the rest of us they don't want California moving there either?

Edited by oldtimer

Would you be annoyed if somebody 4' from you brewed coffee twice a day like right there in the cube? :) Just wondering.

• I love the smell of good coffee ... but there ought to be a break room to brew in.
  • Are you saying this brewer is a cubicle next to yours?  I'm in favor of getting rid of cubicles, period. :angry:

Have to? LOL  Because like the rest of us they don't want California moving there either?

Have they printed their Don't Californicate Canada bumper stickers yet?

• Like 1

In college I tried a coffee pot in my room and put it on a timer so I'd have coffee brewing wake me up in the morning.  I hated it!  The smell was way too much in that small bedroom and I had to move it back to the kitchen.  People are different... what bothers one person doesn't bother another.  We ought to be able to work these things out but unfortunately that sometimes means somebody is unhappy.  

And yes, cubicles suck!  Some people might be able to function in that environment but it is life sucking, unnatural, and unconducive to productive thinking or work.

• Like 1