Perseid Meteors, anybody see Any?

minermark

did not see the peak date but expect to see a few on my job this weekend. Keep looking. Recalled being outside for some reason a few years back. As recall(?) they appeared to be coming from our south goin near due north. They were numerous and appeared to be just coming in from that general direction like white tracers being fired at me, but passing over my head, of course. Well worth it.

The peak is best :) Keep looking up, or better yet, lie down in close to near dark as civilization allows. No drinking though! :)

• Like 2

Wife and sat out at 11Pm, she saw a few, i saw one.

We expect a bill next week from the state of Calif, because nothing here is free.

:D like the states that claim the rainwater is property of the state, the meteor shower is probably entertainment by the state and the appropriate fees will need to be collected in due time. 

I guess a silver lining on the rainwater matter, if a flood happens in those respective states, I would think the destruction of homeowner property by state water would be eligible for compensation by those respective states.  "Governor, your rainwater destroyed my home."  :ph34r:

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.  Apologies for the digression!

• Like 1

We expect a bill next week from the state of Calif, because nothing here is free.

:D like the states that claim the rainwater is property of the state, the meteor shower is probably entertainment by the state and the appropriate fees will need to be collected in due time. 

I guess a silver lining on the rainwater matter, if a flood happens in those respective states, I would think the destruction of homeowner property by state water would be eligible for compensation by those respective states.  "Governor, your rainwater destroyed my home."  :ph34r:

Obviously a SCOTUS decision in the waiting.  I was amazed when my son and daughter in law told me it was illegal to collect rainwater in Denver.  To me rainwater belonging to the state is absurd.  Your example makes sense, just as then any hail damage should also be the state's responsibility.  Of course if they own the precipitation from the sky they must also own the wind, so wind damage falls under the same category.

• Like 1

>Warning< Rant about to begin:

Thats ok Dave, this state has taken many hobbies away from me in the last 10 years.

Goldmining is gone, no one will ever dredge in this state again.

The wife and i used to go shooting once a month up to the forest, Bout an hour drive, last two years, you get set up and shoot for 20 Min, COP, weapons inspection? WTF? cops show up everywhere when they hear a gun go off, they say they just want to look at you rifles looking for AR's, and the mandated bullet buttons on them, i tell them i do not/would not own an AR, they will look anyway.

Off roading, Dune Buggy or Dirt Bike, permit and current stickers and only where they say you can go.

Everything in NorCal now has a forest service Gate, (locked).

As far as Flying goes, if i roll my plane out of the hanger in Calif, Roll Fee, Taxi Fee, Airpark Fee, AV fuel @$6+ per Gal.

Think that is something, just wait till you land. all of the above fees plus landing Fee.

Registered my dodge truck for 2015, $450 Reg, and manditory smog EVERY Diesel EVERY YEAR from now on, another $50.

Great Fkn state eh?

My threads are always open for chattin/crappin, get out of line and the Mods will be the least of your worries, i have Al Gores cell number......

>Warning< Rant about to begin:

Thats ok Dave, this state has taken many hobbies away from me in the last 10 years.

Goldmining is gone, no one will ever dredge in this state again.

The wife and i used to go shooting once a month up to the forest, Bout an hour drive, last two years, you get set up and shoot for 20 Min, COP, weapons inspection? WTF? cops show up everywhere when they hear a gun go off, they say they just want to look at you rifles looking for AR's, and the mandated bullet buttons on them, i tell them i do not/would not own an AR, they will look anyway.

Off roading, Dune Buggy or Dirt Bike, permit and current stickers and only where they say you can go.

Everything in NorCal now has a forest service Gate, (locked).

As far as Flying goes, if i roll my plane out of the hanger in Calif, Roll Fee, Taxi Fee, Airpark Fee, AV fuel @$6+ per Gal.

Think that is something, just wait till you land. all of the above fees plus landing Fee.

Registered my dodge truck for 2015, $450 Reg, and manditory smog EVERY Diesel EVERY YEAR from now on, another $50.

Great Fkn state eh?

My threads are always open for chattin/crappin, get out of line and the Mods will be the least of your worries, i have Al Gores cell number......

Gotta deal with loooong winters, but come to Alaska - almost everyone's a pilot, almost everyone goes shooting recreationally and in the fall to put meat on the table for the winter.  (mostly moose and caribou)  Just registered my '00 Silverado permanently for $170.00 (new deal for vehicles 8+ yr old perm reg)  NO state income tax, no smog fees, etc. 

The higher cost of living is pretty relative to CA it irons out without the huge fees - but you hands down have the weather.  We have lots of fresh water though - almost forgot that one!  :)

• Like 1