the interest is up and the stock market's down...

Paducah Home Theater

That Forbes article tells us absolutely nothing, more FUD than insight.

Sure, if you're rich you may want to follow the advice "Once you've hit a home run don't go back to second base" and take a more conservative position.  That's just common sense.  All the high net worth folks I know have large proportions of their investable wealth in cash.

And the article is wrong that it's "hard to make money in the stock market", although it may be hard to make it in the short term.  That's the problem, that all articles tend to focus on a trader's perspective, not an investor's perspective.  Passive income, where your money works 24/7/365 for you, is about as easy as it gets, at least compared to the old fashioned method (work).

Edited by Ski Bum

Looking just fine, gets lower, could be "Buy" time I have an alert called in at 4Bucks, "If" It drops that low, im rounding up some "Buy" money and up my stake(s).

So true, it could be a good time to invest and capitalize.

• 3 weeks later...

Alan Greenspan is starting to sound an awful lot like Ron Paul.

http://www.thedailyliberator.com/greenspan-warns-crisis-imminent-urges-return-gold-standard/

"I don’t know how it’s going to resolve, but there’s going to be a crisis."

"what we have at this stage is stagnation. I don’t think that there is anything out there which suggests that there is a recession, but I don’t know that. What I do know is that the money supply, and too, which has always been a critical indicator of inflation, is for the first time going up remarkably steadily 6 percent, 7 percent, almost a straight line. It’s tilted up in the last several months. It’s added a percentage point or two. The thing that we should be worrying about now, which we have actually given no thought to whatsoever, is that this type of economic environment ends with inflation. Historically, fiat money has always ended up that way."

"If we went back on the gold standard and we adhered to the actual structure of the gold standard as it exited prior to 1913, we’d be fine.  Remember that the period 1870 to 1913 was one of the most aggressive periods economically that we’ve had in the United States, and that was a golden period of the gold standard.  I’m known as a gold bug and everyone laughs at me, but why do central banks own gold now?"

• Moderators

Alan Greenspan is starting to sound an awful lot like Ron Paul.

http://www.thedailyliberator.com/greenspan-warns-crisis-imminent-urges-return-gold-standard/

"I don’t know how it’s going to resolve, but there’s going to be a crisis."

"what we have at this stage is stagnation. I don’t think that there is anything out there which suggests that there is a recession, but I don’t know that. What I do know is that the money supply, and too, which has always been a critical indicator of inflation, is for the first time going up remarkably steadily 6 percent, 7 percent, almost a straight line. It’s tilted up in the last several months. It’s added a percentage point or two. The thing that we should be worrying about now, which we have actually given no thought to whatsoever, is that this type of economic environment ends with inflation. Historically, fiat money has always ended up that way."

"If we went back on the gold standard and we adhered to the actual structure of the gold standard as it exited prior to 1913, we’d be fine. Remember that the period 1870 to 1913 was one of the most aggressive periods economically that we’ve had in the United States, and that was a golden period of the gold standard. I’m known as a gold bug and everyone laughs at me, but why do central banks own gold now?"

More zero hedge bullshit. They are trying to get clicks with their headlines, that is what it is about to them, nothing else, nothing more.

I sure hope nobody here is dumb enough click on any zero hedge link or article and contribute to their scam.

There must be a credible news outlet and commentary ab I ut the former chairman's remarks???

Anyone?

More zero hedge bullshit. They are trying to get clicks with their headlines, that is what it is about to them, nothing else, nothing more.

I sure hope nobody here is dumb enough click on any zero hedge link or article and contribute to their scam.

There must be a credible news outlet and commentary ab I ut the former chairman's remarks???

Anyone?

I dunno, maybe click the CNBC link with a video interview that was included in the BS document?  

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/24/alan-greenspan-says-british-break-from-eu-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg.html

• Moderators

Anyone?

I dunno, maybe click the CNBC link with a video interview that was included in the BS document?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/24/alan-greenspan-says-british-break-from-eu-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg.html

O agree, I was looking for a transcript to see what exactly he said about the gold standard. He gave interviews to CNBC and Bloomberg

O agree, I was looking for a transcript to see what exactly he said about the gold standard. He gave interviews to CNBC and Bloomberg

I tried to watch it, kind of shady how CNBC did that, they cut up the interview into a few 1-2 minute long blips.  If you want to see the whole thing you have to be a paying pro subscriber.  The first part is actually word for word but it is heavily edited.  The part about the gold standard is not available publicly, they want you to pay for it.  Kind of makes it look like he said something that wasn't in-line with the agenda of the powers that be but the cat was already out of the bag and the tin foil hat crowd picked up on it.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• 2 months later...

My ear to the ground report is that I've lost probably 7 trailer sales just in the past week, well into 5 digits in lost revenue just in only a week.  These are largely from people who have had a reservation for a few weeks but then when it gets time to drive and pony up the money, they get cold feet and start making excuses.  I can't confirm but it seems that when people do this, it's because they realize their mouth is bigger than their wallets and they realize they just don't have the funds.  I've heard too many stories that hint at this, plus this is rarely an issue once tax returns start coming in.  I just don't think the economy is doing what the powers to be tells us it is doing, people are starting to act like they did in 2009.  

One thing that bothers me is 2% inflation. Every item in the grocery store has been downsized 20% and the price increased 20%. How does that equate to 2% inflation?

The other is the September 30 scare tactic on the IMF allowing all national payments using other currencies and not using dollars. So then what is the basis for payments?

JJK

When you have these notable experts telling you the sky is falling and the stock market, giving deadlines only to watch them pass, then thinking for yourself and investing for yourself both short and longterm are the best remedy in my opinion, for the best results. Those locked into those self-fulfilling

prophecies are playing a dangerous game with us, who may be seeking to make a dollar in the stockmarket.

I don't think the fed knows how to lower interest rates. Japan has negative interest rates. People are hoarding cash and I'm not sure the banking regulations their are as harsh as here in the US. In Europe, there is enough cash in circulation for every European to have 1,484.71 EU. 

Here are my calculations:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-5nvuxy-j7NUIzZll6NmJPSFU/view?usp=sharing

17 hours ago, billybob said:

When you have these notable experts telling you the sky is falling and the stock market, giving deadlines only to watch them pass, then thinking for yourself and investing for yourself both short and longterm are the best remedy in my opinion, for the best results. Those locked into those self-fulfilling

prophecies are playing a dangerous game with us, who may be seeking to make a dollar in the stockmarket.

My opinion is that most people's gut feeling is that something isn't right.  We never really fixed the fundamental issues that caused the 2009 situation.  

Derivatives are as messy as ever.  

Half the developed world either has negative interest rates or are considering it.  

Our rosy job situation is fueled by number games and changing the rules of how things are reported.  

The only way that inflation can be at the current numbers is if we ignore food and fuel.  Luckily fuel isn't bad right now.  

Our debt is so insanely out of control that only those with stockholm syndrome can justify it.  

Stocks have been on a sugar high for entirely too long.  

It just doesn't feel right.  We can't do this indefinitely. 

• Like 1