Pandora One vs. Rhapsody

The History Kid

I have Pandora ONE for several years.  Changed to iHeart radio for sound quality reasons and now am using Spotify, great SQ and ability to go to any song, any album never had it say too many skips for the day, at least yet.   Works very well in car, home (on Onkyo and Klipsch and SONOS systems)

Have you heard about spotify?  ;)  I've only used Pandora one - it's a 'little' less repetitive than it used to be and I think they've improved the jazz station morphing to slipknot after three hours, but I have no experience with rhapsody, it may be fine too.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Have you heard about spotify?  ;)  I've only used Pandora one - it's a 'little' less repetitive than it used to be and I think they've improved the jazz station morphing to slipknot after three hours, but I have no experience with rhapsody, it may be fine too.  Good luck

Agreed

So many times I have been happily jamming to Van Halen, hours later realize why I'm p!$$ed is bc Pandora is playing Justin Bieber 

WTH?

• Like 1

Can you not get Spotify on your phone and then play it through the car's audio system? Our cars had Sirius enabled when we got them, but we never renewed. We previously used Pandora via phone and aux input in the cars on trips, but have switched to Spotify Premium. As stated, the SQ is better, the ability to select specific tracks is great and it's not as repetitive as Pandora.

Spotify Premium is now enjoyed while toiling at the computer and via Roku on the HT. Pandora will not be renewed. No experience with Rhapsody.

On another note, what's the appeal of Sirius? I suppose if I were regularly traveling in a car on business it might make sense, but paying monthly to listen to music seems pointless, given the alternatives of Spotify, Pandora, etc.

Edited by DizRotus

Sync doesn't support the Spotify software or app right now, so it sees it as just bt audio. No control over the app. But it does for Rhapsody. My other car has control for Pandora, but nothing else.

As for Sirius...I have a free subscription right now in my new car and despise it. It sounds absolutely terrible. I don't understand why you'd pay to listen to the music channels on it when you could spend less for a streaming service.

• Like 2

Sync doesn't support the Spotify software or app right now, so it sees it as just bt audio. No control over the app. But it does for Rhapsody. My other car has control for Pandora, but nothing else.

As for Sirius...I have a free subscription right now in my new car and despise it. It sounds absolutely terrible. I don't understand why you'd pay to listen to the music channels on it when you could spend less for a streaming service.

My wife's 2008 Ford Edge has Sync that can link to Android phones via Bluetooth.  The Spotify app (or Pandora, etc.) runs on the phones which Sync to the car stereo without problems.

That said, I prefer to hardwire the phone or my Pono player (Pono doesn't have Bluetooth) to the "AUX" input using a cord with 3.5mm TRS plugs at each end.  The SQ seems better than with Bluetooth .  Of course, this only works if there in an auxiliary input.

Edited by DizRotus

Right, but it doesn't let you control the application. Sync will control Rhapsody, but it will not control Pandora or Spotify.

By "control" you want to stop, start, skip, etc.?  I can see why that would be important for daily use.

We only listen to Spotify, Pandora, etc. on trips, so we just let it play a "radio" station, whole albums or playlists, so "control" is not important.