Top Ten Reasons to be a Klipsch Forum Member

Mallette

Carl posted a hyper link to what it is now, but it used to hold a small museum in the back half and an outside garden all dedicated to PWK.

Ron and I managed to see it during the first April get together in '14.  Wonderful.  City of Hope totally dumped on Klipsch and Ms. Valerie.  There is still a marker to PWK there unless they dumped it as well.

Dave

• Like 2

• Moderators
There is still a marker to PWK there unless they dumped it as well.

It was still there a couple of weeks ago when we drove past, and your right the city of Hope really did wrong by PWK. What else do they have , PWK, Bill C and the watermelon festival, they should be taking advantage of the PWK legacy after all the years he spent in Hope and what he built. imo

• Like 3

city of Hope really did wrong by PWK

Had an inside seat from a lady that was Ms. Valerie's personal assistant for a while.  To quote Chester from Gunsmoke "Mr. Dillon, Mr. Dillon, them Hope boys is all liquored up and they got Ms. Valerie down at the depot treatin' her sumpin' AWFUL."

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

BTW, I've enjoyed the other "top ten" reasons posted here.  I just made mine up on the fly as I counted down...not a great deal of thought.

But there are really a lot more than a top ten.  Might be fun to see how many there are, then vote on the ones for the "top ten." 

Guess that would be a bit hard.  Have to get no more than 40 or so, then vote on each one for inclusion, then on ordering.  Probably a bit much...

Dave

• Like 1

How else would we ever get a chance to do things like this.. :D

Friends talking with Roy over a Horn SUB.

Roy DJ..ing while friends hang out at Rodney's Place.

The awesome Klipsch people giving us tours and demos at the Hope Factory.

For some the Klipsch Forum is a web site on their computer screen for others it's become much...much more..!!! :D

miketn

post-12368-0-11440000-1445911088_thumb.j

post-12368-0-23400000-1445911140_thumb.j

post-12368-0-86720000-1445911222_thumb.j

post-12368-0-55520000-1445911339_thumb.j

• Like 3

• Moderators

Congratulations Dave, and 10,000 of those were in the Autonomous Car thread, organ music and reel to reel audio.

The rest were probably herding cats.

So true, Travis! 

As I have your attention, my TC-765 has the weirdest issue.  No sound from line or headphone out but the meters are showing it just fine.  I am certainly no tech but I've half a century of experience with various issues and from what I know this just doesn't seem likely.  I thought that the meters were about the last thing before output. 

Any thoughts from you or anyone else on this?

Dave

Just a real quick thought, on some models plugging in a headphone jack defeats the line output.  Every once in awhile that headphone input pack breaks in such a way that is is cutting of the  line out, however, that would not explain why you are not getting anything out of the headphones either.

The preamp out is "after the meeters."  So that could have given out, you would get meter readings, but no line output.

How else would we ever get a chance to do things like this.. :D

Friends talking with Roy over a Horn SUB.

Roy DJ..ing while friends hang out at Rodney's Place.

The awesome Klipsch people giving us tours and demos at the Hope Factory.

For some the Klipsch Forum is a web site on their computer screen for others it's become much...much more..!!! :D

miketn

Hey Mike,

Are you planning on attending again in April 2016?

Kevin is planning on bringing his 4 KP-600 stacks this year. We had them Rocking at Rodney's last week... ;)

Roger

• Like 1