Because it was there...

fini

Howdy do, comrades!  Long time no see/hear/smell, etc.!

I've been going to local thrift stores for years, and for the last several months, There has been a single Magnepan 3.5 in the "furniture room."  I knew what it was right away, but I think 99% of their customers had no clue.  Originally, they put it out at $150, but over the weeks/months, they've dropped the price.  Today it was $49.99 (geeze, that's almost 50, right??).  AND it was senior day...40% off...so what the hay, I bought it.  It's still at the shop (I have a week to claim it), and I need to figure out what to do with it and/or find a hiding spot.

My first inclination is to sell it.  Not very easily shipped, but so am I.  I'd like to listen to it.  Who knows, maybe use it in a mono set-up?  I understand they're at the opposite end of the efficiency spectrum from my beloved Klipschorns, Heresys and others.  I could probably find an amp in the pile that would work.

Anyone have experience with these 3.5s?  And, is anyone interested in buying them?

Love always,

fini

• Like 1