Glad The Ketchup Thread Over

JJkizak

If it ain't broke, you wouldn't be taking anything for it.  Does Tylenol or Advil give you any relief?

I haven't tried them.  Really, it's not all that bad.  It feels kind of like a light strain or a bruise.  It just doesn't go away.  

It won't till you stop whatever repetitive process caused it.

I don't know what caused it.  I know it gets achier when holding my cell phone.  I'm not all that much of a texter and don't play with my phone that much. Maybe, it is the poor form I use when I type on my laptop.  I will try to use the proper fingers when I type.  Wow!  This is not easy to do.

I would think that if you perform a task with that hand and notice slightly more discomfort than normal then that would be the motion that's causing it.

As far as cortisone is concerned, I've had great luck with it whenever I've had it.  Maybe my body is more receptive to it than others, who knows.

I would think that if you perform a task with that hand and notice slightly more discomfort than normal then that would be the motion that's causing it.

As far as cortisone is concerned, I've had great luck with it whenever I've had it.  Maybe my body is more receptive to it than others, who knows.

I just noticed that my typing form is so bad that I am always tucking that thumb (left) underneath and out of the way.  Maybe that is causing it.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

Any kind of "-itis" represents an inflammatory process. This respond best with anti-inflammatory drugs. They are very effective and it doesn't take a big dose. Aleve or Ibuprofen can work very well.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

This is traditionally what has been thought to be the case with regard to "-itis."  However, they are finding things which were once thought to be an "-itis" and are calling them, "-osis."

Compare tendinitis to tendinosis.

Edited by Jeff Matthews

I am always tucking that thumb (left) underneath and out of the way.

I think that's one of the ways they check to see if you have this along with simultaneously turning your wrist.  You may be on to something.

I know.  I am going to try not to do that and see where it goes.  It really slows me down to try to keep my wrists flat and my thumb out.

• Moderators

i wonder how your hot sauce would taste on some ketchup?

Like good hot sauce on plain old ketchup.  :ph34r:

Had some of his green sauce last night on some chicken, because I forget to shake it every time the last 25% is getting really thick, it's even better now. :)