I don't want to be an adult anymore,looking for a family to take me in as a 6 year old girl

Jim

You first, since you have the ability to choose what you watch.

Well, if you're unwilling or unable to define your response, read this (copied and pasted, not my quote).

In the 2012-13 TV season, GLAAD found a record number of LGBT characters — 4.4 percent, or at least double their actual percentage of the population. Fox was honored for having these characters in 42 percent of their programming hours — although that wasn't enough for "Excellent" status, merely "Good."

It's true that I have the ability to choose what I watch, that's not the point.  My point was that there is a disproportional amount of gay characters on TV as opposed to real life.  It seems like an agenda to me.  My wife noticed it as well. 

TV programming is about ratings and revenue, and content is based on what the producers believe people want to watch. The agenda is profit. TV also shows a disproportionate number of rich people, attractive people, etc.

The gay and transgender people I know want to live their lives without unnecessary judgement, discrimination and hate.

Just. Like. Me.

Statistics show that women "fail" at suicide at a higher rate than men.

This is the creepiest thread ever to be honest, but, this is true. Women tend to choose non-violent methods more than men, who are more apt to jump off a building or shoot themselves in the head. Women tend to eat sleeping pills, except not nearly enough, or slit their wrist sideways and shallow, instead of vertically and digging real deep, which is hard to recover from.

There are many other studies done and interviews where the people who did it were worse off than before they did it.

From what I hear there's an entire lobbying arm that tries to squash stories from these people. The powers that be do not want such things to get out at all.

The gay and transgender people I know want to live their lives without unnecessary judgement, discrimination and hate.

I've had mixed experiences. I spent 15 years being neighbors with an older lesbian couple. Nicest and most private people on earth. Zero problems. If only everyone lived in such a drama free atmosphere.

Also went to school from kindergarten through high school with a guy who we knew was gay since the 5th grade although he didn't admit it until college. He was just a classmate back in the day, nobody gave him any crap over it. Once he got indoctrinated in a liberal arts college though, my goodness, that guy became the most hateful passive-aggressive holier than thou little twerp you could ever imagine, started throwing it in everybody's face just to get a rise. That's the problem way more than somebody's orientation.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

TV programming is about ratings and revenue

So it's exploitation?

What's your definition?

ex·ploi·ta·tion
ˌekˌsploiˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    the action or fact of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work.
    "the exploitation of migrant workers"
    synonyms: taking advantage, abusemisuse, ill-treatment, unfair treatment,oppression
    "the exploitation of the poor"
  2. 2.
    the action of making use of and benefiting from resources.
    "the Bronze Age saw exploitation of gold deposits"
    synonyms: utilization, use, making use of, making the most of, capitalization on;
    informalcashing in on
    "the exploitation of mineral resources"

Once he got indoctrinated in a liberal arts college though

Don't blame the colleges.  All they do is encourage thinking.  Liberal arts colleges are best at that.  Only a weak mind gets indoctrinated regardless of the source.  I had professors of all stripes in school, none indoctrinated me and I learned from all in one way or another. 

How is this being forced down anyone's throat?

Watch any TV lately?

Bullshit.

Explain

You first, since you have the ability to choose what you watch.

I agree with mungkiman and found the expression "forced down our throat," an expression that one side uses in almost every political argument.

OMG!  LMAO reading through this thread and you all need to get a grip (unless you need surgery to get a grip).  This is an audio thread and there are times that certain social discussions should be left to other forums or venues.................although, BRUCE JENNER now has some really nice hooters, :wub:  and if you don't realize that alternative life styles are being overly portrayed in the media, then you need to wake up, and that's not a jaded view on any of those issues, just a fact.  :)  (BTW, that's a male smile, not to be confused with a female smile, or an I want to change my smile or a gender neutral smile)  Just smile and chill out already.