I don't want to be an adult anymore,looking for a family to take me in as a 6 year old girl

Jim

Statistics show that women "fail" at suicide at a higher rate than men.

When I was 14 my mother tried committing suicide in our bathroom. She slit her wrists, took sewing pins and stuck them in her arms as well and took a nice batch of heroin and OD'ed in a very hot bath. I kicked the door in and found her and called an ambulance. Not one of my fond memories, but I did say to her if she was going to do it, don't do it where my younger brother and sister could find her. I definitely think she would have died if I didn't do what I did. This of course was after I was fed up living the way we lived and was ready to leave my house. By 16 I was out and on my own.

This is one of the reasons I am not tolerant with people who pull things like this, or do things like he is doing leaving a whole family behind. I would never and could never turn my back on my kids like this.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

We all have stories.  What amazes me about you is how freely you share them.

It's because to me that was normal growing up. I did not have the family or support systems some on here had, so it doesn't embarrass me or my name. And I really don't mind peoples opinions on my comments, whether good, bad, snarky, or indifferent. It is what it is. I know I lack in many ways most don't but the one thing I can say abut me is that you will be hard pressed to find anyone as genuine as I am. Even if I do come off ignorant in my ways.

• Like 1

The most messed up thing I've seen in this regard was a guy in his early 20's who lived like a baby. He functioned as an adult during the day but when he got home, he somehow talked his girlfriend into treating him as a baby, like bottle feeding, pacifier, slept in a crib, diaper changes, the whole 9 yards. This was a full time thing, it's not like he just did it every now and then for kicks, this girl was literally raising him like a baby and I don't think they had a parallel adult type of relationship. It was an episode of that TV show where the tall bald headed psychologist guy brings in drama queens, can't think of the name of it.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

In my work setting I have for years been called upon to provide services to transgendered people.  Like most or at least many here I had serious doubts about the reality of this.  

However, about 5 years ago I made a conscious decision to get to know some of them-to better understand them. I should start off by saying that there are many more people around in this category than you might imagine, those who were raised one gender for one or another reasons, but who actually are the opposite sex. If you work for a large company I can just about guarantee someone you think is a man or a woman is not.  They are not predators, but generally very unhappy, unfulfilled people-often but not always single.  Then there are those who later in life of their own accord make the decision to become who they want/or feel they actually are.  Again they are not predatory (exception examples can always be found to a statement like that I realize).  Also there are those who seem to do it for motivations I will never understand.  Guys who live as guys, but who have had hormone therapy and acquire some nice breasts.  These are the guys who then in close settings take great joy in revealing themselves-which inevitably leads to issues. 

The guy above however from my non-clinical perspective, is just nuts.

Very well though out intelligent answer, including the last line.

The guy above however from my non-clinical perspective, is just nuts.

Very well though out intelligent answer, including the last line.

I thoughts so too until I realize my post was the one above his. :huh:

I sure hope he was talkin' about the dude who wants to be a 6 year old chick and not me without having a proper session.

• Like 1

My problem with all of this today with the "movement" for them and gay people is that it's forced down our throats daily. If someone wants to live a certain lifestyle, that's their right.Just don't push it in my face to the point it's forced on me.

I agree with you completely.  In pop culture so often a gay person, let's say he's a writer, is asked how his being gay affects his outlook, writing inspiration, etc.  That's never asked of someone who is hetero. 

My problem with all of this today with the "movement" for them and gay people is that it's forced down our throats daily. If someone wants to live a certain lifestyle, that's their right.Just don't push it in my face to the point it's forced on me.

I agree with you completely.  In pop culture so often a gay person, let's say he's a writer, is asked how his being gay affects his outlook, writing inspiration, etc.  That's never asked of someone who is hetero. 

Wait--Aren't you both saying two different things? That may be the point, but....

How is this being forced down anyone's throat? Because you decided to click on a link?

As evident by this thread, gay and transgendered people are often treated differently than a straight person. Asking how being treated differently affects one's outlook is a reasonable question.