The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson Coming Back

Ceptorman

Some people have more important things to do besides read the obituaries but thanks for the update on Hitchcock.

Sorry.  Bit of snark popped out.  I'm one of those who literally went through about 2/3's of life with this guy.  Granted, didn't catch him as much in the latter part of his career but he was always there.  There were giants in those days.  Carson brought me Eubie Blake, Louis Armstrong, Ed Ames putting a tomahawk into a cowboy's groin, David Letterman's national debut (and God knows how many others), Tiny Tim's wedding to Ms. Vicki, Jimmy Stewart's poetry...this could get ridiculous.  ]

Us old folks are generally accused of over rating the past.  Fer cryin' out loud, if there is anything going on at the moment where anything like the above is the rule let me know!

Dave

• Like 2

Some people have more important things to do besides read the obituaries but thanks for the update on Hitchcock.

Sorry.  Bit of snark popped out.  I'm one of those who literally went through about 2/3's of life with this guy.  Granted, didn't catch him as much in the latter part of his career but he was always there.  There were giants in those days.  Carson brought me Eubie Blake, Louis Armstrong, Ed Ames putting a tomahawk into a cowboy's groin, David Letterman's national debut (and God knows how many others), Tiny Tim's wedding to Ms. Vicki, Jimmy Stewart's poetry...this could get ridiculous.  ]

Us old folks are generally accused of over rating the past.  Fer cryin' out loud, if there is anything going on at the moment where anything like the above is the rule let me know!

Dave

Dave,

I don't think we over rate the past, I think a comparison of Klipschorns vs: Paladiums or a comparison of R.R. with Obama speak for themselves and that's all I'm gonna say about that :)

Rog

• Like 1

Antenna TV will air full episodes of the Tonight Show starting January 1st. They'll come on at 11pm. I grew up when this show was popular, can't wait to set the DVR.

My favorite channel in addition to MeTV. I've got a zillion HD channels but watch DVR'd reruns more than anything. I'm about ready to can my cable/satellite anyway. The ridiculous crap that is on TV these days has gotten really old. I don't know what's worse, reality shows or the media/news.

However, various sports, history and a few other premium channels keep me forking over more money. Don't even watch movies anymore. I think I'm pretty much done with todays popular culture. Too many pukes out there.

Better get to sleep....I'm getting a little cranky. :angry:

• Like 1

I recorded Carson's last show on VHS (like millions of other people, I suppose).  Still have it somewhere.  With the show coming back, I guess I can record over it now.  Gotta reuse those old tapes you know.  They're getting harder to find  ;)

• Like 1