New to site, seeking help.

Spudnick

• Moderators
But Michael, please tell Brad here that those three Heritage Series LaScalas across the front don't just put a BIG, BIG smile on your face even without an external amp over all the Reference series for clarity, voicing, and sound?

You are correct.  I've owned Forte II and Chorus II but preferred the sound of my RF-83 / RC-64.  I found a really great deal on a pair of LaScalas and brought them home just for the sake of saying I've heard them in my own home, with my own setup.  I had absolutely no thought of keeping them long term.  But it was the detail that they provided that blew me away.  There have been many times I have sat in a movie grinning from ear to ear from what I am hearing.

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks for all the replys. I'm actually making some progress hear. New plan is to amp the Mains. It was suggested to purchas a couple Monoblocks. Went on Audiogon a saw a couple possibilitys but not exactley sure what I'm doing. I will go 7.1 at a later date but would like to buy a very good 2 channel amp or a couple single channel amps. Will consider used for now to see what sounds good. Plus the price could be better to start. Ideas? Thanks everyone. Love this site. Brad

Purchased a Emotiva XPA-2 to run my Klipsch RF-7II. Know need something to run with my RS-52II on the 7.1 end. Ideas?

No need to go crazy $$$ or power for your surrounds so maybe the Marantz MM7025, to keep all your surrounds timbre matched.  Many other options available.  Heck you could even sell your MM7055 and go all Emotiva with an XPA-5.

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-5

Bill

Purchased a Emotiva XPA-2 to run my Klipsch RF-7II. Know need something to run with my RS-52II on the 7.1 end. Ideas?

Brad,

You never addressed my question as to if you had ever had a chance to even listen to any Heritage line Klipsch Speakers?

If you are dead set on putting more money in to get lesser sound because of looks, I would suggest you could buy a third RF-7II and have a custom motor board made to turn iy into a perfectly matching center. If you are into replacing your rear surrounds, you could also consider RF-7IIs there as well.

I bought my parents the original RF-7s for there home system and they are running a 5.1 surround sound system with five RF-7s, with one that has a custom motor board that has been converted to a center channel and it really is a step up from the RC-7 that I also own.

My parents were more concerned with speaker décor and staying with smaller tower speakers, but they can't compete with Heritage Klipsch :)

Roger

I agree with twisted crank...

My theaters appearance is high on my list... I want the speakers to be big, beautiful and make you go... Damn. When you first walk in.

Hence my rear 7ii's. However, I do not like the look of a tower for the center... I like the look of my 64ii.

I love the copper all over the room & the room was designed and colored to match my speakers.

The Khorn is a power player for any room and budget I suspect... I just don't like the looks of it. So it will NEVER be in my home. My father in law however is a heritage nut. That's actually how I got started on this path... He loaned me some Heresy speakers for an apartment & I got the bug!

Instead of heritage... I will someday move into the palladium realm... But that's far down the road -- as I have to finish my theater & get these 7ii's some power!!

And I'd like the palladium for a dedicated 2 channel room.

I'm right there with you on the 7ii choices... I think you made the right decision with getting Amps. Make the 7ii's sing! And if you choose to get something else later on... The amplifiers will stay put and power whatever you buy. Be it heritage or palladium

• Like 1

Current system is a Marantz 7701 pre amp, a Marantz MM7055 5 channel amp. Current speakers are all Klipsch, RF-7 II mains, RC-64 II center, RS-52 II surrounds. Sub is a HSU VTF-15H MK2. Considering adding a 2 channel amp to go from a 5.1 to a 7.1 set up. Cost about 1000-1400. Room is 24x24.

Did anyone read that the OP already had his 5.1 speakers? :unsure:   

He is asking advice about adding another amp and maybe rear surrounds.

Bill 

• Like 1

Get another set of 7ii's....

Get a couple xpa2's And an xpa3 or 5

Boom. Done. Killer setup.

Keep your 52ii's for side duty... 7ii's in the rear.

Hey wait a minute.... That sounds like my setup. :D

To stay within your 1400 budget... Get a pair of rf82ii's second hand & an xpa2 for your mains, with your Marantz 7055 should be more than killer for the: side 52ii's, rear 82ii's, and center 64ii

Edited by MercedesBerater
  • Like 1

I agree with twisted crank...

My theaters appearance is high on my list... I want the speakers to be big, beautiful and make you go... Damn. When you first walk in.

Hence my rear 7ii's. However, I do not like the look of a tower for the center... I like the look of my 64ii.

I love the copper all over the room & the room was designed and colored to match my speakers.

The Khorn is a power player for any room and budget I suspect... I just don't like the looks of it. So it will NEVER be in my home. My father in law however is a heritage nut. That's actually how I got started on this path... He loaned me some Heresy speakers for an apartment & I got the bug!

Instead of heritage... I will someday move into the palladium realm... But that's far down the road -- as I have to finish my theater & get these 7ii's some power!!

And I'd like the palladium for a dedicated 2 channel room.

I'm right there with you on the 7ii choices... I think you made the right decision with getting Amps. Make the 7ii's sing! And if you choose to get something else later on... The amplifiers will stay put and power whatever you buy. Be it heritage or palladium

My moms RF-7 center channel has a custom motor board so that the horn is dead center with a 10 inch woofer at either side of it so it is perfectly matched sound wise.

As far a Paladiums are concerned, I think you owe it to yourself to come to the Pilgramdge in Hope this coming May and listen to the flag ship PF-39s in a direct A/B/C comparison with RF-7IIs and Klipschorns. I believe if you do, the only reason you would buy the Paladiums is because they are beautiful because it sure isn't because they sound cleaner than K-Horns do!

Roger

• Like 1

Current system is a Marantz 7701 pre amp, a Marantz MM7055 5 channel amp. Current speakers are all Klipsch, RF-7 II mains, RC-64 II center, RS-52 II surrounds. Sub is a HSU VTF-15H MK2. Considering adding a 2 channel amp to go from a 5.1 to a 7.1 set up. Cost about 1000-1400. Room is 24x24.

Did anyone read that the OP already had his 5.1 speakers? :unsure:   

He is asking advice about adding another amp and maybe rear surrounds.

Bill 

Bill,

I did, and I recommended two more RF-7IIs for rear surrounds if that is the way he is set on heading.

Roger

RF 7 II's for rear surrounds is OK but, RS 52, or 62 is a bit cheaper and more space friendly if he is using a sub.  The biggest thing I liked about towers in that position was the extra bass. 

The room is bad because it is square, but being 24' by 24' he has plenty of room for K-Horns at all 4 corners let alone some little RF-7IIs in back :)

Roger

Hey guys, great ideas and information. I have not had the privilege of a heritage speaker, Not ready to go there. If I like, I will want. I'm just about at the end of my budget for this time of year. I love the reference series for there looks and music ability. Love the bass punch at very hi volume. That is why I went for such a large Sub. HSU sub's are the shit. I listen to music about 75% of the time.  

So, last night I thought I purchased a second set of the RS-52II's. Received a e mail this morning that they no longer have and I should buy a set of RP-250s speakers. Guess I'm back to square 1. Need some ideas for sides and back for the 7.1 set up. I do have the set of RS-52II. Should I keep them and add ? Sell them and get 4 of ? Been told by Klipsch support to keep surrounds the same. Brad