Palladium Owners - Do you love them?

rgdawsonco

I had B&W 800s (Signature 800's not just 800 series) and the Palladiums are a better speaker.  Easier to drive and more dynamic, but they do just as well with imaging, etc.  They are also much better than the Heresys, Belles and K Horns that I owned and the Cornwalls that I had here for one month.  The imaging is much better (big difference) as well as the smoothness. 

If you buy them, make sure that they easily fit into your comfort zone on price range.  If they do, you will be happy.  If they do not, you will fall victim to the "dude, for that price you could have bought..." crap that is all over this forum. 

I am nearly positive I will buy the P-37s, center, and probably surrounds. Asked wife to pick color but she can't decide between Merlot and Espresso. The Espresso would probably blend into my room better, but the Merlots look so impressive and show more grain. We are leaning Merlot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by rgdawsonco
  • Like 1

I got the Espresso because I have dark furniture.  They are actually much lighter than I had figured they would be.  They show lots of grain as well, much more than in pictures.  I had only seen the Natural in person before I ordered.

I wanted espresso then I saw them in person. They are crazy dark. Not a terrible thing but so dark they looked black from a distance. Which I didn't want. And it took one thing for me to be talked out of the. I walked up the the center and it had a scratch on it. It stuck out like a sore thumb on that super dark finish. We can all agree a scratch on a car is bad. But it's most noticeable on a darker car for sure. So I ordered the merlot. And if I ever ordered them again I though about natural but would most likely go with merlot. That red in person is delicious.

In most the pictures the espresso just looks solid dark brown. I think the grain gives them the wow factor. If the espresso supplies that then I'm leaning back towards espresso.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what you see in the picture is exactly what my wife and I saw in person within about two seconds. I saw zero grain from 15 feet away and you are paying for that exotic zebra grain. Why pay for it if you can't see it.

I'd agree that is a dark room the grain blends.  I could see the Merlot blending as well in such a room.  The Natural would still be seen.  The Espresso is the darkest, and probably the easiest to have the grain lost.  I have them in a room with 24 linear feet of windows (20% tinted), and the grain is easily seen from my seats, some 14' away.  At night, the grain is definitely lost.

Awesome you will definitely love them. You asked me why I got rid of mine and I am like a few of the other guys here in that it just didn't make financial sense to have that much money sitting there idle 99% of the time. I did the same thing with a fairly expensive amp that I just sold. My ears suck so bad I just can't hear thousands of dollars worth of difference. That is JUST me though. No doubt you're going to enjoy them tremendously. Congrats.

and FYI I darn near pulled the trigger on a pair of those P37's.......

Awesome you will definitely love them. You asked me why I got rid of mine and I am like a few of the other guys here in that it just didn't make financial sense to have that much money sitting there idle 99% of the time. I did the same thing with a fairly expensive amp that I just sold. My ears suck so bad I just can't hear thousands of dollars worth of difference. That is JUST me though. No doubt you're going to enjoy them tremendously. Congrats.

and FYI I darn near pulled the trigger on a pair of those P37's.......

amen brother!

I have always felt that I like Klipsch 3-way designs best.  Outside the Heritage Series, the KLF's were the last of the 3-way designs and so I have stayed with them since I got them back in the 90's when they came out.  They have been one of the best purchases ever for me, and I got my money's worth, that's for sure.   I hope and expect these Palladiums to be a similarly good purchase.  I'm not expecting miracles in sound improvement, there is no such thing as perfection in this hobby.  But they are beautiful, will sound great, probably better than what I have, and will last me the next couple decades.  I'll be happy with that.

• Like 1

Congrats, I think you'll like them, and I'll bet they'll sound better than you think they will. I have Merlot P38s and the finish is stunning, they are works of art.

How long do you have to wait for delivery?

Kept getting this call from Seattle. Kept ignoring it. Then I finally realized it was Amazon trying to confirm the order. Glad they kept trying. Showing as shipped already. Arrival 7-10 days from now.

Told the wife I ordered the Merlot. She says "Oh good, I can see you are so excited! I said, "I'm gonna have them the rest of my life." She says, "I know, I'm gonna bury you in one of them." I said, "Well, I didn't get the big ones.", haha.

I hope I don't regret not getting the P-38s.

Edited by rgdawsonco