Sling TV? Tired of giving DISH my money!

JL Sargent

Have OTA and Netflix atm. Had satellite for years but, never missed it after Hurricane Dennis in 2005 caused an oak to poleaxe GF's car and our Dish which was attached to our deck.

Will need to see what is on Sling. Not into sports in a big way so...

Anyway thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

We have two TVs in the house, one in the basement (which will be the movie/bar room) and one in the main living room.  We mainly watch tv on the one in the main living room.  So only being able to watch it on one tv gives more family time.  Anyways, I started sling with a free trial playing from my computer to the receiver.  That wasn't working, so I picked up a Google Chromcast.  I had my wife set it up, as she would be the one using it mostly.  I only watch one TV show, The Walking Dead.  My wife watches that and CNN.  So we tested out the Chromecast Sunday night and things were glitchey, so we switched back to the cable for the evening.  I don't know if it was do to having her stream it from her phone.  So next week we will try another device.  As it seems we have to stream Sling from some sort of device to the Chromecast.  Now my wife does like Sling for CNN on her phone at work, and wherever else she might be.  I am not fully convinced, if it works next weekend then I will be.  It may be that I need a dedicated device to play Sling from. 

• Like 2