Slowhand at 70

Grizzog

Spread the Quartets out to about 10 feet apart, turned the sub up, and put on the Slowhand blu-ray. Wow! Great concert and definitely worth a listen!

Played a bit below concert levels, but still loud enough to be exciting. Love being able to have a concert at home.

Edited by Grizzog
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Well that's alot better, don't know what I was looking at. Thanks

Have a few DVD's by him but no blu-rays and i like them all.

Sessions for Robert J.............least favorite but it's still good, he talks alot and plays music from Robert Johnson

One more car One more rider, live tour 2001

Live in Hyde park

Guitar festival, and another, guitar festival 2007 

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood, live from Madison Square garden. 

I like concert DVD's, we do not buy movies (except Pixar kids movies) but I do like concert's, I can watch them many times compared to movies. I need to start buying blu-rays instead of DVD's

Like you said, it's great to have these anytime you want and to me the sound is better than cd's, imo, plus you can watch the show. 

My biggest problem is finding music i want to hear in this format, I need to look online, in the stores it's very limited, our bb only has about 50 different disc and it's rare for it to be something i like.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I like concert DVD's
I put on a show most evenings in my living room. Unfortunately, I ban all cameras.

if i watched a video of me playing the guitar, i'd probably quit.  Much like when i went to the driving range with a camera.  After coming home and watching the video, i was so embarrassed. "do i really look like that when i'm swinging a golf club?"  That convinced me that cameras do lie. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I hope he hasn't turned into a Paul McCartney type.

I doubt that, we went to his concert years ago and it was way different than any other concert we have been to. He came out, said hello and started playing, toward the end he said thank you, came back for a few songs thanked every again and left. Never said another word, the show was really good but unlike many no BS just playing.

When we went to see the Eagles for the HFO tour about half way through they talked for 15 minutes, mostly political BS and the standard save the earth pitch. I would rather hear the music instead of political speeches, but the music was really good.

This thing really get's mixed reviews on Amazon.

I hate it when they cut scene to scene to fast--that is a major complaint.

I guess people have Short Attention Spans.

I always thought the "Hell Freezes Over" Concert was edited well with good sound.

• Moderators

2013 Crossroads is awesome

Had to go back and look, on the inside it say 2004, so i don't have 2013

2004 says it's at the Cotton Bowl, Dallas Texas

2007 says it from Chicago 

I hope he hasn't turned into a Paul McCartney type.

I doubt that, we went to his concert years ago and it was way different than any other concert we have been to. He came out, said hello and started playing, toward the end he said thank you, came back for a few songs thanked every again and left. Never said another word, the show was really good but unlike many no BS just playing.

When we went to see the Eagles for the HFO tour about half way through they talked for 15 minutes, mostly political BS and the standard save the earth pitch. I would rather hear the music instead of political speeches, but the music was really good.

Pretty typical of the entainment industry these days--while they use more resources to put on 1 show than most of

us will use in a year--they feel it's their job to tell us how bad we are.

Movie stars who talk the loudest use up much more of our electricity than we could.

Al Gore's electricity bills run into the thousands--but he justifies his usage by buying

Carbon Credits---but still he uses the resources and tells us how bad we all are.

They're all a bunch of Hypocrites.  IMHO :)

• Like 1

Here's another one for you.  Tower of Power 40th Anniversary.  Absolutely great stuff, fun to watch.

Not BluRay, but still very good audio and video, and a CD as well.

http://www.amazon.com/40th-Anniversary-DVD-Tower-Power/dp/B0044E9MN4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1458593563&sr=1-1&keywords=tower+of+power+40th+anniversary+cd

• Like 1

Al Gore's electricity bills run into the thousands

Are you sure?

From CBS News February 28, 2007

"We wanted to see if he was living by his own recommendations and walking the walk," said Drew Johnson, president of the think tank, which pushes for conservative economic issues.

Utility records show the Gore family paid an average monthly electric bill of about $1,200 last year for its 10,000-square-foot home.

The Gores used about 191,000 kilowatt hours in 2006, according to bills reviewed by The Associated Press spanning the period from Feb. 3, 2006, to Jan. 5. That is far more than the typical Nashville household, which uses about 15,600 kilowatt-hours per year.

His Nashville home is more than four times larger than the average new American home built last year — about 2,400 square feet, according to the National Association of Home Builders.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month, according to the Tennessee Center For Policy Research's release.

That is more than an average American family uses in an entire year.

THAT WAS JUST FROM A QUICK SEARCH---THERE ARE MORE STORIES--MORE RECENT-

BECAUSE IT'S PUBLIC RECORDS----OK?

Clapton has had a spectacular career, deserves a lot of credit for being relevant for so long.

I heard that Gore spent over 1 million dollars to remodel his home recently to be more green friendly, after the remodel, his electricity bill actually increased.