Klipsch p27c vs monitor audio PLc 350 platinum comparison

pdawidowski

The Monitor speakers have ribbon tweeters.  Excellent for voice and dialogue.  The biggest difference is that and, it depends on which type of tweeter you like hearing, horn vs ribbon.  This reminds me of when I demo Goldenear Triton vs RF 7 II's.  Both very nice but different in the presentation.

Edited by derrickdj1

my issue is  i have currently palladium p39f as fronts and running rc64II for center channel . There is nowhere where i can get a good deal here on the palladium center  but a great deal has popped up on the plc350 and am considering that for the center maybe instead of the p27c 

The Monitor speakers have ribbon tweeters.  Excellent for voice and dialogue.  The biggest difference is here and it depends on which type of tweeter you like hearing, horn vs ribbon.  This reminds me of when I demo Goldenear Triton vs RF 7 II's.  Both very nice but different in the presentation.

As stated, different presentation.  Also depending on the size of the area the efficiency and dispersion of the sound may be even more of a consideration.  A lot of people don't realized that on certain a particular axis, the ribbon's dispersion will be quite limited which majorly can affect the perceived presentation depending on where you are on axis.

Key consideration.

• Like 1

my issue is  i have currently palladium p39f as fronts and running rc64II for center channel . There is nowhere where i can get a good deal here on the palladium center  but a great deal has popped up on the plc350 and am considering that for the center maybe instead of the p27c 

Still not a sonic match - very different indeed. Keep looking for that p27c (or use a single p-17b if you can fit it in your space).  

Why on earth would you spend all that money on your 39's and not get the matching center. Perhaps sell the 39's and buy 37 or 38 and a center to match. And aren't the centers on sale right now all over the place?

^this

They are 1700$ on Amazon. That's half price. What more do you want? Lol that's almost dealer cost

^ and this.

• Like 1

There is nowhere where i can get a good deal here on the palladium center

They are 1700$ on Amazon. That's half price. What more do you want? Lol that's almost dealer cost

Scrappy,

Pdawidowski lives in the UK.  Maybe a little tougher to get a good deal in his neck of the woods.

Bill

Edited by willland

I didn't read all of the responses, but do not mix a ribbon tweeter and a non ribbon. 

Ribbon tweeters sound amazing, but they also sound very different from other driver types and will probably not mix well with the P39. 

Ribbons also beam significantly.  If you are in a narrow area, they are very hard to beat.  Go out of the range and they sound terrible (up or down).  If you stand up while listening you will hear a huge difference. 

Contact Sound Distributors in Las Vegas for a matching center.  He might be able to ship to you. 

Hey all thanks for all the input . I have fought myself long and hard and today came a decision day . i have decided to keep my rc 64II for now for the center and upgrade the heart of my system to Marantz 7702 mkII. I went and had a audition and it blows my pioneer sc-lx 57  out of the water . I got amazing deal on it and i think it will yield better results than changing the center now that i also bought the klipsch atmos elevation speakers :) 

http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subcatid=avcontrolamplifier&productid=av7702mkii

I so wanted the center speaker but when i looked at cost of import and fact i would have to change my whole tv stand unit  as currently my tv stands on the center channel the costs just kept growing and growing . I am sure ill get it anyway there is still christmas this year :) 

Any body has any experience with the above marantz ?