and yet ANOTHER set of La Scala in the queue

Matthews

and still most or all labor as above.

The good part is I already have all the necessary tools to get these babies ready for finish.  Since I am not taking them all the way down to wood, it will be a piece of cake.  I learned some nice short cuts on the previous 4 LS restorations.  I could have them ready in one afternoon (after filling the holes, of course). 

You are fast.  It took me probably more than a hundred hours to prep just this one speaker.

DSC_0013_zpsc81de099.jpg

DSC_0014_zps4a28d3c9.jpg

• Like 7

In Houston there is this pair of LS on Craiglist.  Pretty beat up for $900 but if can get them lower price they might be a good fix up and upgrade parts project.  

https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/5501727039.html

I have never done any kind of cabinet work so it would be a learning experience.  

Money wise it would be a long term project at least a year.  That way could spread out cost of upgrading parts.  

The mounting strips I made for attaching the bass bin grills.  Photo op before they get covered in paint on Saturday :)

One more round of 220 paper, a good cleaning and they will be ready to shoot with some high gloss black enamel :emotion-21:

post-36834-0-27240000-1461804981_thumb.jpost-36834-0-01920000-1461804993_thumb.j

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

Love watching your build and your progress on projects. Keep up the good work, as a lot of us live vicariously through you.

Thank you, Dave :)

I enjoy this stuff immensely.  If it were not for this Forum, I would NOT be anywhere near as happy as I am.  I learn a lot here!  Contribute when I can. Thanks for following along with my projects. 

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

Man that 3m super 77 is the shitt.... I use it at the shop for all kinds of stuff... As Dave said " keep up the good work"

Thanks, "MKP" :)

I spray the grill frame with the 3M77 1st to keep the cane straight as I work my way around with the glue gun.  Whew!  5 grills down, one to go...

post-36834-0-06080000-1462030270_thumb.j

Stay tuned, finished photos late this afternoon :D

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

Keep up the good work my friend .....

Thanks "MKP" :emotion-21:

-  never imagined after brining home my very first pair of Klipsch (RB-61's) it would morph into such a passion. 

Ditto, that was my first set of Klipsch also, I had heard them at a dealer and thought they sounded great for a little book shelf, but wouldn't spend the money and started searching and at the time, picked up a new set for $300 and thought I scored the deal of a lifetime.  Little did I know that those 61's would end up costing over 10,000. 

I would love to find a set of La Scala's for the same kind of money, but those things don't come around in my area.  Looking great!

• Like 1