training cats

Paducah Home Theater

Litter box I guess does not suffice?

We have an MR(Special ED) Mongrel 15 lb apparently Manchester Terrier/ ?Whippet Italian Greyhound? Athlete mix that has periods of incessest barking to instigate play among his  3 adopted brothers and little sister.

He needs to be gently taken on a leash and put on the couch next to me for an hour or so, till he chills.

A "Time out" situation, not punishment.

Fortunately, only during waking hours.

Sleeps great with others at night.

Very good Boy otherwise. 

Lars

I do really care about this post, and re reading from this from beginning, like a few have mentioned, provide a comfortable, safe as reasonably possibly, outdoor cathouse.

MAYBE, with combo of a "Doggie/ Cat door?"

Thank you again for your care of Wonderful Creations. 

Lars

Litter box I guess does not suffice?

We have an MR(Special ED) Mongrel 15 lb apparently Manchester Terrier/ ?Whippet Italian Greyhound? Athlete mix that has periods of incessest barking to instigate play among his  3 adopted brothers and little sister.

He needs to be gently taken on a leash and put on the couch next to me for an hour or so, till he chills.

A "Time out" situation, not punishment.

Fortunately, only during waking hours.

Sleeps great with others at night.

Very good Boy otherwise. 

Lars

Dogs are not cats, let's not confuse the two.....either in behavior, or "training".....

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

I would get a kittie door that leads outside into one of those enclosed dog kennels they have or make your own with chicken wire and some wood. That way he can be outside and hear/smell everything and not be at risk for coyotes. We rescued 4 cats and have a similar issue, I just let them outside though because there are no predators where we live.

Something like this but maybe not as big.

When my cat is hungry he yawns really loud and stretches out to hook his claws into my KG 5.5 grills which get him the squirt bottle. I oiled my LaScalas as soon as I got them with mineral oil and he found out pretty quick it sucks to have oily paws lol.

Having cats is the cutest form of Stockholm syndrome... :(

Edited by twk123
  • Like 3

As per Die Hard, corrected, Stockholm is in Swed  :D  :lol:  :huh:

I tell ya, here is a recent photo from "Garage Sale" that evidences to me the owner has no male dogs in the house  like we do - ---   

If you don't know, look at the Amp placement. ---

image.jpeg

Animals are Animals, but Wonderful.

They will do stuff.   Lars

It depends on their nature

I didn't even mention all of it.  This one gets crazy at night.  He actually ran back and forth through the house awhile back in the middle of the night, then tried to jump on my kitchen island, across to the countertop at full speed, then launched off that and landed halfway down my hallway.  It didn't land right and busted its hip all up.  Had to have surgery and its hip socket was completely removed.  Basically it has no joint anymore, the muscles support the area and that's it.  I thought that would calm it down but not really.  It doesn't run like that but it still gets wild at night.  Just going to have to try the crate method I guess.  I can't even find a shock collar locally, will have to order one.  

Perhaps he's done time somewhere before and thats his way of saying 'let me out you dirty screw'?  :D

If he was a rescue, he probably spent some time outside and still has that freedom feeling. Being nocturnal is the enemy as much as anything. That cat has had it's cup of coffee at 3AM, and it wants to go chase girl cats and mice and other such interesting stuff. My in-laws had a cat that did that, and they would let it out. Yes, it would run off, but in a few days it would come home. They live in the middle of nowhere. There is literally a buffalo farm in their back yard with over 2,000 acres of pasture.

Yes coyotes will kill cats and dogs, but don't sell how clever cats are short. They are formidable predators themselves, and have excellent vision at night and can climb like cats.

I suppose you have to ask yourself if your rescuing him is actually a rescue or an imprisonment. I don't want to sound that way, because you obviously have a good heart.

• Like 1