DeadPool

Paducah Home Theater

Guess I'll have to see what all the fuss is about when it hits Redbox.

There was (and still is) huge marketing hype on Deadpool, and I was one of the many suckered into wasting their money. So long as you don't expect much for your money, enjoy comic books, and are entertained by grade school storylines you might find it at least interesting. I wasted my money on the movie last night. It ranks up there with biggies like "Machete" and "Rocky 35".

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Guess I'll have to see what all the fuss is about when it hits Redbox.

There was (and still is) huge marketing hype on Deadpool, and I was one of the many suckered into wasting their money. So long as you don't expect much for your money, enjoy comic books, and are entertained by grade school storylines you might find it at least interesting. I wasted my money on the movie last night. It ranks up there with biggies like "Machete" and "Rocky 35".

I thought it was very unique, and the action that was there was lots of fun.  Was hoping for more action though.  Wasn't nearly as much gunplay on DeadPool's part as I expected based on the trailers.  

Regardless of the humor aspect, I didn't get into the story.  For example I didn't care about his girlfriend like everybody did with Spiderman and Mary Jane.  Spiderman developed the story in a much better way.  

Even better are the people who criticize "Hollywood" yet still pay money to go see their movies and therefore support them.

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark
When he made Pearl Harbor.

I miss you more than that movie missed the point.
And that's saying enough a lot girl. And now, now you've gone away
And all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked...
and I miss you.

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school
He was terrible in that film...
I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
He's way better than Ben Affleck and now,
All I can think about is your smile and that shitty movie too...
Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you...

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
I guess Pearl Harbor sucked just a little bit more than I miss you...

• Like 1

All movies are a waste of time (sometimes money).  Some wastes of time are better wasted than others.

Depending on your options when you watched, they may or may not be a waste of time. The movies I like are relatively cheap because their already on TV, but the problem is, their usually old and rarely offered anymore.

My kind are mostly the older variety, stuff like El Cid, The Blue Max, Ben Hur, The Big Country, To Kill A Mocking Bird, Citizen Cane, etc.. It's rare for me to find recently created movies that I enjoy watching..... examples of what I call recent would be Gladiator, Arn-The Knight Templar, Braveheart and Iron Clad.

Anyway, Deadpool was not for me, but I gave it a try anyway.

Edited by Gilbert

I submit they are always a waste of time.  If you have the time to waste then so be it.  I'm not making a moral judgment, the industry itself promotes it as being an escape from everyday living.  I like this way of thinking over the asswipes who take it so seriously.

Finally got to see Deadpool tonight.  Lots of good action scenes, but lots of pretty brutal stuff, too.  Lots of juvenile humour.  I don't find that as funny as I used to.

Also, what motivated the villain, Francis, to make an enemy of Deadpool?  It gained him nothing.  Was he just a nasty guy who took pleasure in torturing people?  By the end, I was wondering why he even bothered to make all that trouble.  And what's funny or embarrassing about being named Francis?

I wondered if there would turn out to be some romance between Colossus and Angel Dust.  They're both mighty and tough, and Colossus is a gentleman.  I was waiting for a submission hold to turn into an embrace.

Edited by Islander

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the action, I guess I thought there would be A LOT more guns on DeadPool's part.  I assumed he would be like Frank Castle (the Punisher), John Wick, Bryan Mills (Taken), and Neo (the Matrix) all rolled up into one, on steroids.  In reality he went through what, one 14 round mag and a single shot .25 caliber?  Just kind of confused me.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters