guess what I am up to (Plum Crazy)

Matthews

4 hours ago, Matthews said:

The hard part, getting the right light for fantastic photos 

I know that there are lots of very talented photographers here, but IMHO, you should take them outside and take photos during the so called "magic hours" which is early in the morning, and then just before sunset, or during a nice cloudy day.  Much better in natural light.....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I know that there are lots of very talented photographers here, but IMHO, you should take them outside and take photos during the so called "magic hours" which is early in the morning, and then just before sunset, or during a nice cloudy day.  Much better in natural light.....

That is a fabulous idea/suggestion Jim!

Muchas Gracias :)

12 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

'Round here, we call that the gloaming.

5 hours ago, mungkiman said:

'Round here, we call that the gloaming.

My superstitious tendencies won't allow me to like your comment, Sir Mung.  In a league or your own, for the moment, with that perfect 1000 :P 

Going to try some "gloaming" this weekend.  Fingers crossed for clouds...

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY those are pretty...................what was the clear coat you used? You should sell that grill kit ....I tried to mock that up on mine and decided it was to much trouble and could not decide on the angles for the dog house.

How did you sand the A part of dog house so well?? I spent days trying to sand next to that flat piece where the angle meets the back straight piece and back deep where your hand hardly fits.. I finally said that's good enough and went with it. lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ricktate said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY those are pretty...................

Thank you, Rick :)

35 minutes ago, ricktate said:

.what was the clear coat you used?

Minwax clear gloss poly

36 minutes ago, ricktate said:

You should sell that grill kit ....

OK, they won't be cheap.  A lot of work...

37 minutes ago, ricktate said:

angles for the dog house.

Measure 11 inches in from the front leading corner of horn.  That is where your back stop goes to create a perfect triangle. 

39 minutes ago, ricktate said:

How did you sand the A part of dog house so well??

detail.jpg

ryobi detail sander.  You actually have to grind off about 1/8th inch of the outside corners of the triangle head to get it to fit.  Makes life MUCH more bearable :emotion-21:

38 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Can Bob still get the GE caps ????? I thought he said he was unable to get them before. I got some for my Ks long time ago.

Nope, this may very well be the last of a "fresh" set around.  They have never been used but still are 10 years old.  Bob told me they DO have a shelf life and the clock is ticking?  Going on that, a good 10-15 years of life left in the fantastic G.E. motor run caps.

Whew! :P

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

My superstitious tendencies won't allow me to like your comment, Sir Mung.

gloaming = twilight (and not the movies...)

Great time to shoot, as well as heavy overcast or open shade (without a bright background)

btw, very nice finish...

Bruce

• Like 1