• Moderators

Here is the text of the release:

KLIPSCH GROUP, INC. ANNOUNCES NON-PROFIT TO MANAGE KLIPSCH AUDIO HISTORY MUSEUM

BODCAW, AR (July 8, 2016) — Klipsch®, a tech driven audio company, announces today the formation of the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association (KHMA) as a non-profit corporation. The KHMA was established to preserve and study the materials from the Klipsch Museum of Audio History that has stood in Hope, Arkansas since 1979.

The Klipsch Museum of Audio History includes the original Klipsch factory and its surrounding property as well as the archives of company founder Paul W. Klipsch. The KHMA’s mission is to preserve for posterity and display the ideas, research, designs, documents, accomplishments, and loudspeakers by Paul W. Klipsch and Klipsch and Associates, as well as to host educational activities and events.

“This is an important and necessary step in our quest to preserve the legacy of Paul W. Klipsch who is one of the founding fathers of the audio industry. His genius has stood the test of time, serving as an inspiration to myself and countless others. As we look to the future, it is important that generations to come have the opportunity to learn from his incredible work,” said Paul Jacobs, CEO for Klipsch.

Jim Hunter, who will retire at the end of 2016 from Klipsch Group, Inc., will serve as curator of the museum. He has tended to the archives for the past 37 years while serving as the Klipsch Historian as well as a product engineer and program manager.

“Our vision for the Klipsch Museum of Audio History is to foster interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics through the example of Paul W. Klipsch. I was fortunate enough to work alongside him for years and it is truly my pleasure to continue my life-long passion in preserving his genius,” said Hunter.

Official efforts to form the KHMA were announced on May 21, 2016 during the annual“Klipsch Pilgrimage” which is a gathering for Klipsch enthusiasts from all over the country. In June 2016, the KHMA was officially incorporated in the state of Arkansas. Later this month, the KHMA plans to establish their bylaws, and solicit tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service 

The KHMA is not currently soliciting members or funds. Once those capacities are in place, another announcement will be made. 

For more on the museum and its contents, visithttp://www.klipsch.com/museum.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to hearing more details.  The first time I toured the museum in 2005, I was amazed at the history contained there, but over time I became rather discouraged about what may happen to the museum with the change of company ownership and the seemingly lack of attention to the facility. The future of the museum now appears secure.  I know there was a lot of work behind the scenes to get to this point, and I applaud all of you who had a hand in this.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Christy is going to list all of those involved up to know, but to keep that history alive and secure for another 75 years is going to take some effort from a lot of people from this Forum.  KGI has been so gracious and generous in trusting us with the first factory building and the artifacts. 

It is up to those who admired PWK, his company and his products to carry the Legend forward.

Travis

• Like 4

• Chad featured this topic

Good move, to protect this legacy while Jim Hunter is still with the company. There is a wealth of history and knowledge that must be preserved and he's just the guy to spearhead it. Thanks to all those involved with this important project. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 8/8/2016 at 7:34 AM, prerich said:

What do we need to do to help this project go forward?!!!  I think its very exciting and a piece of audio history!!!! I'm somewhat of a history buff anyway and kinda live in "vintage land". 

We will be in touch with you, I can guarantee you that.   We need any and all talent, skills, etc.  The only real requirement is that you have an interest in Paul Klipsch and/or his products.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2016 at 10:56 PM, dwilawyer said:

We will be in touch with you, I can guarantee you that.   We need any and all talent, skills, etc.  The only real requirement is that you have an interest in Paul Klipsch and/or his products.

Always have ...Always will!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Bet on it!  It's how these things work.

Dave

Keep the forum posted, and then stay on everyone's aZz.

5013C's come and go everyday.

Garnering interest and maintaining it is how they survive.

I am more than happy to do an auto-deduct from my bank monthly for life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mallette said:

That's the spirit!  And I believe many more will follow to ensure their being a part of history.

Dave

Please place me as pointman, Once 501 established, Forward donation criteria and consider it done.

However Hunter still deserves a Beer........

• Like 1

Oh, deal directly with Jim, Christy, or whoever.  I remain on the advisory group but they are both board members and doing the work.  Right now I am tasked by them to transfer PWKs tape collection...an honor and privilege.  Not much money I can offer at this point, but I have skills and can work so that is what I am doing.

Dave

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mallette said:

Oh, deal directly with Jim, Christy, or whoever.  I remain on the advisory group but they are both board members and doing the work.  Right now I am tasked by them to transfer PWKs tape collection...an honor and privilege.  Not much money I can offer at this point, but I have skills and can work so that is what I am doing.

Dave

that's awesome Dave.  I can just imagine I would be quite in awe not just in being asked/selected to own that, but when you get to the work effort of it - I don't know if I would get much work done for all the time I would be distracted by the "hey! wow! check this out!..." moments that would dominate me.  not sure if I would get any real work done at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -js- said:

I can just imagine I would be quite in awe not just in being asked/selected to own that, but when you get to the work effort of it - I don't know if I would get much work done for all the time I would be distracted by the "hey! wow! check this out!..."

Yes, I am having to almost ignore content as much as I can knowing I can listen when the work is done.  But there are somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred of them.  Many required a LOT of replacement of dried out splicing tape and all the acetates are almost as brittle and fragile as the Dead Sea Scrolls.  And that is just how I treat them.

Dave