RF-7IIs $1100, Chicago

Rivernuggets

It's really tempting, and it's really close to where I live.  The issue I always have with a $1000+ item listed on craigslist is the brevity of the post.

You got really nice stuff, are claiming it's only a few hours old and are selling it for a reason that makes no sense at a potential bargain price.

I remember once a guy had an SVS  PB2000 for sale, I contacted him and asked about the warranty, after the post said the item was just a few months old.

OH NO no warranty, sorry.   Oh really?   There's only one way I know of to not have a warranty for an SVS sub that is less than a year old.

These listings to me are always suspect, but maybe I'm a bit paranoid.

35 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

I think you'd be fine. The price is good, but not scary good. Very good prices on new 7s can be had by calling around, so his used price is not out of line.

What stands out as being odd to me is that they are the walnut version, and there's only one guy I'm aware of that sells those.  And, he apparently takes returns.  Makes no sense to me to lose several hundred dollars if all you've got to do is box them back up and let the freight company come get them.  

Some people just want to sell the things and be done.  I got my RF 7 II's for several hundred less than this which was a great deal a few months back.  I went back and forth for almost 8 hours before decicing to buy the speakers.  I was lucky they were still available.  The price is not bad for some great looking and great sounding speakers.  Somebody should consider it.  I love the walnut look.  Those are like the RF 7 Classic, rare and hard to find.

15 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Weird, that looks way darker than what I'd expect for cherry.  

The cherry stain that is used on the RF-7II's is not the same as my RF-63's, RC-64, and RB-75's.  The  7II's are darker where as the previous generations are natural with just a clear coat.

Bill