No Headphone Jack

Deang

You have two basic user types; the people who take a picture every ten seconds, and those that use iPhones as iPods. I really think Apple screwed up here.

The lightening charging cable is junk. I sometimes think they did it deliberately. Now we have a junk dongle to go along with it.

I have a lot of money invested in quality headphones designed for portable use. My Byerdynamic tp5 ran me $1K. I also have some Etymotic er4, and four pair of Klipsch x10i. Steve Jobs was committed to providing a positive audio experience - I don't think he would have done this. 

I normally upgrade to the next iPhone when it comes out - not this time. 

Won't you be able to use a lightning  to 3.5mm adapter?

The lightning - usb connector had a rough start, I have 2 bad cable, but that was a vender issue.

The connector itself is a well designed self cleaning connection. Most of the issues I have seen with lightning were caused by aftermarket cables.

I hated the old connector, it only went in one way and had to click in. The lighting is so much better, and faster.

I also don't see a problem with them getting rid of the 3.5mm jack since they are supplying an adapter. You have the option of better audio transfer through the lighting port or a free adapter to use your existing headphones.

There are plenty of things apple does that pisses me off but I think this one has been blown out of proportion. Now why have they not introduced wireless charging is the real question, if "wireless is the future" according to Tim Cook.

• Like 1