Dow Futures (just now) Down....

Wolfbane

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's probably a good buying opportunity wolfy if it's timed right.  You never know how slow or fast these over reactions correct.

Don't be so sure of this...The Stock Market is at near it's all time high and foreign investors as well as our own don't trust Donald Trump. HIs foreign policy stinks and there is no one in the financial or diplomatic community that thinks he is good for our country.

4 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Don't be so sure of this...The Stock Market is at near it's all time high and foreign investors as well as our own don't trust Donald Trump. HIs foreign policy stinks and there is no one in the financial or diplomatic community that thinks he is good for our country.

The stock market is mostly determined by interest rate policy (i.e. the central bank rate). These rates have been kept below the rate of inflation since 2007. World wide.

I don't see that changing in NA... no matter who's name is on the White House on Jan 21st.

1 minute ago, Wolfbane said:

The stock market is mostly determined by interest rate policy (i.e. the central bank rate). These rates have been kept below the rate of inflation since 2007. World wide.

I don't remember interest rates being the factor during the time I mentioned above...That's not to say that they aren't pertinent  but overall the important factor is faith in the economy.

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't remember interest rates being the factor during the time I mentioned above...That's not to say that they aren't pertinent  but overall the important factor is faith in the economy.

My comment pertains to your comment regarding stocks being at an 'all time high'. Not 911 or AIG.

1 minute ago, Wolfbane said:

My comment pertains to your comment regarding stocks being at an 'all time high'. Not 911 or AIG.

Well, those are the times when the market fell the most...I also don't see them recovering because of anything the Fed does in spite of a potential Trump victory.

5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Well, those are the times when the market fell the most...I also don't see them recovering because of anything the Fed does in spite of a potential Trump victory.

If you held on and rode out the previous market diving you're ahead of the significant market plunges. This reflects both QE and low interest policies. Hold on and wait to see, whomever wins tonight, what the next POTUS policy is on interest rates will play a big role. I don't expect to see rates going up.

8 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

I don't expect to see rates going up.

I don't either but still feel that investors will be squeamish if Trump is elected--On that note, I feel the markets will decline by at least 2,000 points if not more by the time he takes office and don't see anything on the horizon that gives me hope. Again, the results aren't in and if the tea leaves pan out I hope I am wrong.

I could care less about the DOW.

I don't want another 10 trillion in debt just to see the DOW continue to go up.  If the debt continues to go up with TRUMP, I will blame TRUMP.  4 years from now if the DOW is 15000 and the debt is reduced by 3 trillion......I'd say good job.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Redacted.  ;)

You're learning!

Ha!  :lol:

Even though we've never met in person, I had little visions of you dancing in my head as I posted, then later as I un-posted. 

I hope your day is going good.  Mine is.  B)

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

. I hope your day is going good. 

Lots of things to be thankful for.  I'm employed.  My daughters health has improved.  My oldest daughter is due next month.  The weather is finally cooling off.  I saw my grandson last night.  My son has one semester left till he graduates.  My wife continues to tolerate me.  Yes, life is good.

• Like 6