Dow Futures (just now) Down....

Wolfbane

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/09/investing/wall-street-traders-boo-hillary-clinton/index.html

At least that Yale professor let those poor, saddened kids skip their mid-term exam after having to experience such an emotional experience.  No trophy this time and apparently their boots have no straps 

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/09/yale-prof-makes-test-optional-so-students-can-cope-with-trump-win/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jwc said:

I could care less about the DOW.

I don't want another 10 trillion in debt just to see the DOW continue to go up.  If the debt continues to go up with TRUMP, I will blame TRUMP.  4 years from now if the DOW is 15000 and the debt is reduced by 3 trillion......I'd say good job.

You may as well cheer for all the people's retirements that would destroy.  No one has pensions anymore, their 401k and real estate plus cash is all they have.  These people do not have high paying jobs, and are the backbone of the country since a lot of people don't even have an extra $400 for an unexpected expense.   At least you care somewhat though, since you said you could care less...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You may as well cheer for all the people's retirements that would destroy.  No one has pensions anymore, their 401k and real estate plus cash is all they have.  These people do not have high paying jobs, and are the backbone of the country since a lot of people don't even have an extra $400 for an unexpected expense.   At least you care somewhat though, since you said you could care less...

Its everyone's responsibility to be prepared to weather a storm whether its a market correction, country catastrophe, life event, etc. etc. You choose what want to hold in your qualified accounts whether its equity oriented or a fixed income product. Its all a calculated gamble and no one is guaranteed anything. As people get closer to retirement, their investments should get much more conservative and away from equity sided markets. Even with interest rates where they are, there are still good returns to hedge with in actual bonds and bond funds.

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The debt ticker is more of a concern to me that the Dow as my kids will have to endure the debt....and make it more difficult to overcome.

I have a 401K and all that...yea...yea....

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Down Jones average is UP 165 points at 1:00 pm, AFTER Trump talked to the nation this morning.

I guess the markets changed their collective non-human minds since last night.

I'm guessing Obama and Clinton saying the transition will go as expected helped a little too....After all, it rebounded over 10,000 points under the former's watch. B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Lots of things to be thankful for.  I'm employed.  My daughters health has improved.  My oldest daughter is due next month.  The weather is finally cooling off.  I saw my grandson last night.  My son has one semester left till he graduates.  My wife continues to tolerate me.  Yes, life is good.

I figure you must be drinking heavily as well.....I know I am.....wow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I wonder how many people are going to be ready for retirement with 2-3M$ to live on ?

Keith

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I'm guessing Obama and Clinton saying the transition will go as expected helped a little too....After all, it rebounded over 10,000 points under the former's watch. B)

Yeah the 1%ers did fine under Obama. But I don't really remember that being the plan.

• Like 1