When was the first time you heard Klipsch speakers?

Kain

So, when was the first time you heard about Klipsch? And when was the first time you actually heard them? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung WS-36Z4HF (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

well i found out about them was in the market for peecee speakers... the first time i heard REAL klipsch speakers was at my wealth comp geek friends house watching matrix...

2.0 herseys, he didnt relize how nice they were *chuckle*

only thang was he has very sensitive ears... soooooo... i slowly raised the volume lvl as the movie progressed without telling him. by the end of the movie *around the bullet dodge scene* it was well over theater level. Smile.gif

------------------

---------------------

I. Love. MUSIC!

Spring 1991 at Tweeter in Hanover, MA. I even remember which listening room and the music (1812 Overture). How pathetic is that?

I had been looking for speakers for close to six months and couldn't find anything that sounded right. Every speaker I listened to prior to the Klipsch sounded, stop me if you've heard this before, like a blanket was over it. Within a minute of hearing Klipsch (KG-3's) I knew I was buying them.

1974. Sound Studio, Newark, DE. I was a junior in HS. They were the first high-end shop in the area. They had several listening rooms, that had various systems, segregated by price. The back room was the McIntosh/Klipsh/B&O/Nakamichi room. They had rosewood K-horns driven by a Mac MC2205 amp. Unbelievable. I thought I died and went to heaven.

My dad has a pair of Heresy's he bought in the early 70's. I was born in 73, so I guess you could say I was born listening to Klipsch. In fact, he still has the pair, and is willing to part with them and give them to me!

Can't wait: game room for music with the pair of Heresy; R?-3 all around for the home theater.

------------------

RF-3II RC-3 RS-3 KSW-12

Sony Trinitron 32"

Denon 3802

This message has been edited by gooch on 09-13-2002 at 11:06 AM

In a computer magazine when i seen an advertisement for the pro media 4.1. I had never heard of klipsch speakers, thus I had never listened to any. (Well, not knowingly anyway)

They had a little THX symbol on them. I said HELL YA! Purchased them, loved them. When I got interested in home theater, I knew klipsch had home theater speakers thus, Klipsch was the first speaker I considered when shopping. Heh, actually they were the ONLY speakers I considered. I never even bothered to listen to anything else. Well, I had heard bose before on display in stores long before I was considering getting into home theater. But bose doesn't count. cwm12.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

f>

In 1979, while stationed in Germany, I spent some TDY down in Sembach and went to the BX in Ramstein that weekend to hear some speakers. I had already bought some Infiniti Column II's just a couple weeks earlier on my own small Air Base (they didn't stock Klipsch) and wanted to check out what else was available.

In one of the back rooms they had a number of high priced speakers, including a pair of beautiful Klipsch Belle's (no Khorns). They were stunning to hear as well as to look at, and I knew I would own a pair some day. I still don't have them but at least I have the next best thing . I sure do love my La Scala's. Smile.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

First Klipsch I ever heard... It was 1999 and I REALLy wanted a st of the Klipsch ProMedia speakers I had been reading so much about, the v2.400's. As christmas came around I was hinting at it every day, hey mom, I finally decided what I want for christmas, v2.400's, v2.400's, v2.400's....... Went on and on, no v2.400's Frown.gif Instead I got a motorolla startac phone and GTE service, 150 minutes a month haha. probably was like $50 a month then too. i could not touch any of my money still at that age, i had it, but my parents would not let me touch it so that i WOULD have some Wink.gif

a year later the same thing, hinting at it, asking for it directly etc etc. Still no go. Not very available which made it hard also. What did i get? I got a fender Telecaster guitar and a webcam as my big gifts... never really learned the guitar Frown.gif January 16th I had enough. I gathered up all my christmas money and made the call to Tweeter. I ordered a set of v2.400's. A month later they came! I went to Tweeter with my dad and picked them up. He was as excited as I was, trying ot keep this slightly secret from my mom hehe. We popped them into the back of the Land Rover and drove home. (we actually sold that land rover that night to get my new one!... that was murdered during tropical storm allison... Frown.gif) I got home and plugged them in to the sound card i bought that night, the SoundBlaster Live MP3+. I was so excited, I was about to be klipscherfied. As teh first song started to play through the speakers my dad and i sat in awe. This $279 system sounded better than the $2300 Sony system down stairs, price/performance. (That led him to the quintets and then later the synergy and finally an RF system) It was an amazing site to hear, though you can't really hear a site... Wink.gif

We stayed up that night and watched some explosive movies.

That's my story.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Late 70's, must have been 79...

Flanner and Hafsoos was the high end store in Milwaukee. Had the "high end" back room with Khorns and McIntosh equipment. I was hooked. I knew someday I would own Khorns and McIntosh.

2 years later I bought my first set of Heresys. Took me till 1989 to get the Khorns.

All I can say is, My first wife is gone... But not my Khorns. Will NEVER part with them.

JM

quote:

Originally posted by j-malotky:

Late 70's, must have been 79...

All I can say is, My first wife is gone... But not my Khorns. Will NEVER part with them.

JM

True love never dies

cwm4.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

f>

I have heard of Klipsch for along time, but I never had really heard thier speakers, at least knowingly. I am certain I have probably heard them somewhere at somatime, but not realizing it was Klipsch. Now I think about it, I wonder if those speakers I saw and heard in the Cosmo ride at Knoebels amusement resort are the commercialized version of the LaScalas. They look just like black LaScalas. I tried to find a logo on them, but no luck. I'll be up there again this fall, and I'll have to go check them out.

I do remember seeing an article about the ProMedia's V2.400. At the time, I was in the market for a new set of some decent speakers for my computer. I ended up ordering a set of the ProMedias directly through the Klipsch site and had them delivered to my office. The guys at work thought I was getting a whole new stereo when they saw that box. I was soooo tempted to hook them up to my computer at work, but decided to wait till I got home. When I did finally hook them up, and played an MP3, I could not believe how good those things sounded, especially for a set of $250 speakers! Not to long afterwords, I had a small problem with the control pod and found these forums.

When it came time to get a better HT system, I cruised the HT forums just to see what people were talking about. I alsos went into the products page and saw the Reference 7 line. At the time I figured, there is no way I could afford something like that, plus there was no place locally that sold Klipsch. I would have had to go some 50 miles up north into D.C. to find the closest dealer. This past spring one guy at work saw that Tweeter that just opened up right here in Fredericksburg. I decided to go check them out and see what they had (and to find some speakers and better cable to go with that just delivered Denon AVR3802). There they were, some Klipsch RF-3 IIs. I had to listen to those! I fell in love with them. The salesman did have me go listen to some other models/brands of speakers such as Vienna, Sonus Faber, and Martin Logan and yes, even Bose (I guess he did it to show just how crappy Bose speakes really do sound compared to the likes of Sonus Faber, et al). I still loved the sound of those Klipsch! Next thing I know, I ended up with a pair RF-3 IIs, an RC-3 II, 2 pairs of SS-1s, and a KSW-10 subwoofer in the back of my little truck. It took me practically all night to take down my old Yamaha/Infinity system and put up the new Denon/Klipsch setup. That next day was when I made that post in the HT forum about my new system and one of the first repsonses was HornED suggesting I trade in the second pair of SS-1s for a pair of SB-2s. I did and then decided to try the SB-3s, then trade both those and the SS-1s for a pair of RS-3s and a second RC-3 II as well as traded in the KSW-10 to a KSW-12 then ultimate the REL Storm III. After seen others on here trade in complete Reference 3 packages for Reference 7s and saying they are that much more awesome, I decided to to try the same thing (and the salesman I was dealing with the entire time thought I was friggan nuts!). Well, needless to say, I am still in awe nearly 6 months later just how awesome this setup really sounds. I love my Klipsch Reference 7 setup. However, I still would love to get ahold of a pair of the fully hornloaded Heritage to listen to. One of these days.

Enough of my ramblings.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Ah the memories!

I guess it was about 1977 I was 13, a new kid Al moved into the neighborhood, we quickly became friends. One Saturday night his mom and dad went out for drinks, I spent the night at his house and he said to bring my "Frampton Comes Alive" LP over to listen to on their stereo.

The only stereo we had as a kid was a huge solid state RCA console, when I showed up and I saw their stereo I was floored! It wasn't a audiophile system by any means, it was a huge pair of Klipsch Cornwalls driven by a SS Technics receiver and a Garrard TT.

He put the LP on the TT, turned it up to about 110 db, and I said "man this sounds like a concert". We left it up for the whole side then turned it down so the neighbors wouldn't tell his dad we were cranking his stereo when he was gone. Needless to say we went to his house any time his folks were gone to crank it up!

All of my life, until 2 yrs ago when I got my LaScala's I looked for the time when I could afford to have music like this.

Maybe I should look Al up and invite him over to listen to Frampton on my Khorns. Biggrin.gif

Thanks for the memories,

Greg

------------------

HK AVR20 II

Toshiba DVD

32" Toshiba TV

Odyssey Stratos

1987 Khorns Mains

1976 LaScala's Rears

KV-1 Center

KSW-12 Sub

Two-Channel

Fisher 800C Receiver

1987 Khorns

Teac CDP

Pioneer TT

Promedia 5.1 one year ago...and now I have a klipsch addiction. Have a hertige ht set-up and 2 channel system. Let the hard core old boys of the 2 channel forum scoff at the promedias, but they ARE the most effective current product for devloping loyal customers.

------------------

Two Channel System:

Klipsch Fortes (1988)

Jolida 202a

Rega Planet

Denon DP 3000 tt (Stax tonearm; Grado Gold cart.)

klipsch is actually the reason I am into audio. All started a long 2 years ago (a long time for a teenager), back in Comp USA, I was looking for some new computer speakers, and saw the Klipsch 2.1's. I thought, Clip-sitch, thats an odd name. So, I really liked their sound, but didn't have the money, and couldn't really figure why anyone would need such powerful desktop speakers. Well, I finaly talked myself into getting them, got them home, and started listening. They certainly blew my old Optimus speakers away (lol). Well, I felt I needed to know more about clip-sitch, so IO went to their website. Thats when I saw the rest of their equipment. And I figured, if these comp speakers sound this good, think about their big stuff! It started with a trip to audio king to see the real speakers, and I was impressed right away. So, I figured, 1250$ to the system I want, get a job, I could have it in no time. So, 2 years latter, and many game systems sold, here I am, with an RSW-15, SF-2's, SF-1's, and an SC-1, and a Mcintosh amp to top it off! all good stuff. I hope to upgrade to some RF-5's soon.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

Summer of 1988. I wanted to upgrade a set of Yamaha speakers that I had bought earlier in the year and was pretty much set on some Polk Audio pn5+ or something like that for about $350. My girlfriend's uncle had the 7's and they really sounded great to me. I went to a G&T Stereo store just outside of Reading, PA (hometown) to audition them and was pretty much sold. However, they had a pair of Klipsch Kg2's hooked up as well and I asked the salesperson to switch back and forth since I had heard/read somewhere that Klipsch's sound truly amazing. Unfortunately for me, the Kg2's did sound amazing and all of a sudden I was conflicted. I could afford the Polk's (just barely) but they sounded suddenly anemic next to the authoritative $420 Kg2's.

I left the store without a purchase. I knew I had to get the Kg2's but I needed some extra incentive to justify the extra $70. Sounds almost ridiculous now, but I was a poor college student who used to eat a lot of Chef Boyardee to have extra spending money. I contacted a stereo store I knew of in Chapel Hill, NC to see if they would go lower than $420 and was told "no" but they were having a end-of-summer buy something, get something else of equal or lesser value at half price. So I sucked it up and bought the Kg2's and an NAD cassete deck for just $150.

Been hooked ever since. Still have the Kg2's even though they were long ago banished to the bedroom in favor of Forte's.

--Tom

p.s. Go Tar Heels!