KP-301-II's. SOLD

CECAA850

These were pretty much a mess when I got them.  One speaker had the correct crossover and one had a crossover from the version 1.  Both of the crossovers had components that were loose and about to fall off.  The tweeter diaphragms were good but made of completely different material.  The grills had some screws and spacers missing.  In the process of rebuilding them I installed new Crites crossovers.  I then purchased 2 other caps from Bob and dropped the squawkers by 2dB.  I also installed 2 of Bobs titanium diaphragms in the tweeters.  The missing screws and spacers for the grills were replaced and the woofer and horns all got new gaskets.  They're sonically perfect and sound fantastic.  The squawkers have tractrix horns and titanium diaphragms from the factory if memory serves me correctly.  3 years ago I brought them to the gathering in Hope and several members commented on how good they sounded.  Reason for sale?  I recently purchased a new pair of 396's and need money for the amp I want to drive them with.  These can be auditioned in Beaumont TX or can be delivered at no charge to the Pilgrimage in hope in a couple months.  I have $400 in parts invested in these plus the cost of the speakers themselves.  I'd like to get $900 for them.  Please PM me if you think my price is out of line.  These rarely come up so it was hard to find an average price.  You can use them to DJ without a sub or they make a killer garage system which is what I used the for the last couple years.  Thanks for looking.

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 1

Very nice, I sure wish something like this would pop up in my neighborhood. It's interesting that you decreased the mid output, I've never had the 301's but have had a few pairs of the 250 II's with that same mid driver and found them to be rather laid back and not over-powering like the k-53 / 701 combo in the original 250's. Good luck with your sale and congrats again on the new 396's!

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Very nice, I sure wish something like this would pop up in my neighborhood. It's interesting that you decreased the mid output, I've never had the 301's but have had a few pairs of the 250 II's with that same mid driver and found them to be rather laid back and not over-powering like the k-53 / 701 combo in the original 250's. Good luck with your sale and congrats again on the new 396's!

It would be easy to go back to the stock setting as i think I still have the original caps that came in Bob's boards but they sound really good as is.  Ive never had a speaker that can project like these either.  I'd love to keep them but they'd be in storage and they need to be played.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teaman said:

I think they look sweet, you should have no problem finding an interested party. I wouldn't even inquire about shipping to MI with these as I can imagine they weigh a ton. GLWS!

Tim

The nice thing is if someone from that part of the country comes to Hope they can be carivaned back to you for free.  I don't know the exact weight but yes they're heavy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twk123 said:

consumer stuff but the more I see their pro line the more i am somehow drawn to it.

Hearing it is what you need to see....or something like that.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

That's the spirit --

Yep. The people in this forum are always paying it forward. 

• Like 1